Service Expert
Again

Comcast's Personal Web Space A Bonus

As frustrating as the PWP might be, and even with some of the problems with FTP, customers should consider themselves fortunate to have what Comcast provides.  Time Warner/Road Runner offers only 50MB of PWP, worse tools than what Comcast has, and offers absolutely NO FTP options, and actually is in the process of removing FTP all together.

So, while there are problems, frustrations and hassles, Comcast has offered a far superior service compared to the #1 broadband provider.  Yes, it has a ways to go, but I salute Comcast in their efforts to offer this service to its customers.

Clapping 2
"When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be."
--- Lao Tzu ---
"Life is not linear. It's all a circle. Our dust becomes the firmament on which the future walks."
--- © James Scott 2014 ---

Regular Contributor

Re: Comcast's Personal Web Space A Bonus

Your absolutely right however I will clap ALOT louder

when my new,1 month old webpage starts working correctly

after 3 weeks of not and: "I KNOW NOTHING, SORRY !!!":smileywink:

Contributor

Yes but you pay in oh so many ways.... a fool and his money are easily parted.

Sorry, my time is valuable and i dont expect being online for and hour with a technician who states that the

problem must be my PC, escaltes the issue and it takes twice the number of days estimated before I get a call back, spend an hour on the line with a technician who ends up telling me to diable my account for 24 hr's and it will be OK and then it isnt.  I'm sorry but you are paying for a proffesional service.... so far it has not appeared so to me.  50MB sound Ok when all i want is a simple family web page.... like 2 weeks ago 

Service Expert
Again

mouthmusic wrote:

Yes but you pay in oh so many ways.... a fool and his money are easily parted.

Sorry, my time is valuable and i dont expect being online for and hour with a technician who states that the

problem must be my PC, escaltes the issue and it takes twice the number of days estimated before I get a call back, spend an hour on the line with a technician who ends up telling me to diable my account for 24 hr's and it will be OK and then it isnt.  I'm sorry but you are paying for a proffesional service.... so far it has not appeared so to me.  50MB sound Ok when all i want is a simple family web page.... like 2 weeks ago 

No, you are not paying for a professional service.  For that you would need to go to a webhosting service and a web design company.

Comcast provides the Personal Web Space as a curtesy to its customers.  They don't have to provide it and you aren't paying anything extra for it.  Most ISPs barely give you the barebones for personal web space, as I pointed out above about Time Warner.  Comcast gives you far more than any ISP in this respect.

We all agree, however, that the tools they've provided in this year old program is far lacking from what was provided before, but at least they're working on improvements and taking constructive comments and suggestion to heart and trying to implement them.

Comcast also provides a way for you to design web pages yourself using any third party software, free or purchased, and upload it yourself via FTP.  Time Warner doesn't not provide this.  So, if you wanted something simple for a familly website, you could design it yourself.  There are many programs out there that provide you with templates for simple sites.  Designing a site, whether using templates or Comcast's tools, isn't just a 5 minute deal; it takes time, and many users here have successfully used Comcast's tools to design some wonderful sites, but they didn't do it in a couple of minutes, and many of them doing it for the first time.

It's obvious that you're frustrated, and that's certainly something we all understand with this, but asking for help with the problem goes a long way in solving the problem rather than just ranting about how poor the service or techs are.  Mind you, we're not Comcast employees here; just customers like yourself, but customers willing to help when asked.

"When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be."
--- Lao Tzu ---
"Life is not linear. It's all a circle. Our dust becomes the firmament on which the future walks."
--- © James Scott 2014 ---