Contributor
Accepted Solution

How do you delete events and blog tabs on web pages

How do you delete events and blog tabs on web pages?   I don't know who ever decided that a "personal" web page needed these tabs, but how the heck do I get rid of them? 

I don't know why you'd insist everyone had them, since everyone can add their own pages and put what they want.

Please help... scholarship website needs to be up next week or my daughter is disqualified.  She worked VERY hard on it, but the events and blog tabs will take away from the presentation because they will be empty.

Thanks!

petesmom

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: How do you delete events and blog tabs on web pages

petesmom wrote:

How do you delete events and blog tabs on web pages?   I don't know who ever decided that a "personal" web page needed these tabs, but how the heck do I get rid of them? 

I don't know why you'd insist everyone had them, since everyone can add their own pages and put what they want.

Please help... scholarship website needs to be up next week or my daughter is disqualified.  She worked VERY hard on it, but the events and blog tabs will take away from the presentation because they will be empty.

Thanks!

petesmom

If you are using the Comcast PWP templates you can not modify them. What do you mean everyone must have them. You are free to use any web editing software you like to make your PWP pages. The best approach is to create your pages on your own computer then use FTP to upload them to your PWP account. You can put anything you want on your pages in any layout you want. The only thing you can't include in your code is server side scripting such as PHP.
Contributor

Re: How do you delete events and blog tabs on web pages

I just meant that if you use the PWP template, why do they make you have blogs and events... You don't get to choose what type of page it is... it's not a very user friendly program.  It was an easy way for my daughter to assemble the website.  I can see that we're going to have to get some free software and hope that she can figure it out soon enough to get this up by next week.

I thought that we had tried everything to get rid of the extra tabs, we even tried to use the pages for other purposes, it just didn't look right.

Thanks so much for your help!

petesmom