Contributor
Accepted Solution

Kompozer Installation

I have downloaded and unzipped both the 0.7* and  0.8* versions of Kompozer.  I know there is no installer, but I think double clicking or "Open"ing Kompozer.exe should open the program.

I get nothing, including background check in task manager.  XP Pro.

Ideas?

ac

Web Page Expert
lead5alpha

Re: Kompozer Installation

Kompozer comes as a zip file and requires a manual install. Instead of 'Open" right click on the Kompozer zip folder and select 'Extract all'. Remember the location you extract the files to (see below). Navigate to that folder and click on 'Kompozer.exe' to start the program or if you want a shortcut on the desktop right click on 'Kompozer.exe' and select 'send to desktop (create shortcut)'

The exact name for the folder is KompoZer 0.8.xx.  It is inside a folder named kompozer-0.8.xx-win32 which is the name of the folder that gets extracted when you unzip the downloaded file.  The path will be My  Documents\kompozer-0.8.xx-win32\KompoZer 0.7.10\KompoZer.exe  If you downloaded and unzipped KompoZer in the My Documents folder.

It should run correctly,  if not here is a website with a windows installer for Kompozer.  I have not used it and can't vouch for it.  http://bmatthew1.blogspot.com/2009/04/kompozer-windows-installer.html

Contributor

Thanks.  I did all the extraction, etc. initially with both 0.7* and 0.8*.  Just nothing happens when I double-click kompozer.exe.  Someone else had "extraction" issues.  I will try the "install" link and see if that works.

Appreciate your help.  I'll let you know how it goes.

ac

Contributor

OK, I went to the site, downloaded and it worked.  It appears I had some extraction or installation problem.

I'm calling this one

SOLVED!

Thanks.

ac