Visitor
tereseburke

Re: How to add my wesite to Comcast search engine?

The google search engine finds my website but the comcast search engine does not.  How do I add my domain name to the comcast seach engine?  Thank you

Web Page Expert
BethKatz

I don't know. I'm thinking it will get picked up automatically if Google has it.

New Visitor
leonardchan

Can anyone know how to find a link to update my homepage on Comcast?  Thanks.

Web Page Expert
BethKatz

Recognized Contributor

Assuming your terminology is precise (that is, your website is not hosted by Comcast because you have your own domain name), then maybe the Comcast search engine only searches the Comcast domain and doesn't search the whole web?  ...  Cheers, Neil.

New Visitor
bjjohnston

I'm having the same problem. Ironically, it used to show up in the comcast search engine, but it no longer does.

Web Page Expert
BethKatz

Re: How to add my website to Comcast search engine?

I'm replying to let you know you aren't being ignored. However, we are customers like you. We don't know how Comcast's search engine is implemented or what underlying search engine it uses. 

Fiddling around with searches from the Comcast.net site and into preferences, it seems the searches are "powered by Google" and "powered by Ask". There's also something called EcoListing which is a Comcast alternative to paper phone books. I ran into that but don't see it as relevant. 

There is a preference for Safe Search that has settings for Strict, Moderate, and Off. Is it possible that your site is not fitting into the category you wish? You might try contacting Comcast Interactive Media. They seem to handle the search mechanism.

If you search for "How to add my website to Comcast search engine" you will get this thread as well as some other ideas. Having good descriptive text on your pages as well as pages that point back to your pages will help.

New Visitor
Plumbob

I can go to google and find my web site by topic or type of business & city. When I go to compast, I do not exist, unless I type in my web site address. Why?

How to add my wesite to Comcast search engine?

Web Page Expert
BethKatz

This forum is for Comcast customers building personal web pages hosted at Comcast. People who help here are primarily customers like you.

If you look on Comcast's main Xfinity page, it says that the search engine is enhanced by Google. I take that to mean that it is partially based on Google results. You would need to contact someone at Comcast marketing to see if there is some way to enhance your website's visibility there.

Check out: http://www.comcastspotlight.com/onlinemediakit/xfinity.html?cid=112233

Contributor
sb305

Comcast uses a custom search API from google (https://www.google.com/cse/), given this the comcast web admins have their own customized search that piggybacks off google's search engine.

Alot of companies do this, such as startpage.com, the reason why you don't see your site on comcast's search is because usually what happenes is that Google.com update its own search results more quicker than the ones on the custom search. So given that you website is fairly new, it could take some time for it to show up on comcast's "search engine."

Be patient, if your site is on google, it will show up on comcast's search in about a week (I think that is the estimated delay).

Networking Expert
kevj

sb305 wrote:

Comcast uses a custom search API from google (https://www.google.com/cse/), given this the comcast web admins have their own customized search that piggybacks off google's search engine.

Alot of companies do this, such as startpage.com, the reason why you don't see your site on comcast's search is because usually what happenes is that Google.com update its own search results more quicker than the ones on the custom search. So given that you website is fairly new, it could take some time for it to show up on comcast's "search engine."

Be patient, if your site is on google, it will show up on comcast's search in about a week (I think that is the estimated delay).

It also may never show up, depending on the way Comcast have the search configured. If they have a limited list of sites that the search engine searches (such as comcast.com and comcast.net only) then only items that appear on Comcast pages may show up in the search results. Without Comcast input,we have no way of knowing how that search is configured.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I don't work for Comcast...

Help us to help you!!
- respond to requests for info
- post back if your issue is resolved
- mark appropriate posts as solutions

Send feedback to Comcast using the 'feedback' link on this page:
http://www.comcast.com/Corporate/Customers/CustomerGuarantee.html?SCRedirect=true