New Visitor
HuntsvilleHomes

Re: Personal Web Pages - Comcast FAQ's (FEEDBACK)

Simple request - remove exisiting interface software for customers to build their wesites with, install one that works; rest from the un-necessary problems regarding customer posts to creating webpages. It is not customer/operator error so much as it is a complete and utter failure within this part of comcast.

Personally, I can't help but think it is by design, since the end result of so much difficulty for the user is that they are likely to quit trying in utter frustration, even though the customer is paying for the service they certainly are not receiving!

It's not rocket science completely! Other website hosting providers do it real well, what's comcast's problem? Likely they save server space, bandwidth, and loads of technical support money BECAUSE THEY SIMPLY DON'T PROVIDE TECGNICAL SUPPORT!!!

Ok then, other than the above I hate being sarcastic so I'll just stop here. Thanks for nothing!!!, even though I had to pay for it.

*****ERROR MESSAGE WHEN TRYING TO POST THIS EVEN - It is a text only post too!*****

Your post has been changed because invalid HTML was found in the message body. The invalid HTML has been removed. Please review the message and submit the message when you are satisfied.

Web Page Expert
BethKatz

You are NOT paying for this feature. Comcast will not lower your bill if it goes away tomorrow. They don't advertise it. They don't support it. If enough people complain about, it might go away entirely. Then everyone would be happy not having a web server at all. NOT.

Comcast is NOT a web hosting company. Not so long ago, ISPs provided web hosting. But you have many other options now from companies who focus on web hosting. If you need a reliable web site, go to them. That's what I do for my business. 

Here, you can use the third-party tool of your choice and upload your web site to upload.comcast.net to be served. Keep a backup on your home computer. The web site hosting here could go away at any time. Be ready.

Contributor

We ARE paying for personal web pages and every other feature Comcast has.  You think they give things away?

Web Page Expert
BethKatz

No, we are paying plenty.

But if Comcast dropped the personal web pages or email or file storage, the amount we pay would not go down. And Comcast is not using the web page as a selling point to get you to choose their service over any others. It's difficult to find a link to the personal web pages tools.

So, no, I don't think you're paying for the personal web pages. And Comcast knows that. That's part of why they don't support them. It's not part of why you chose Comcast as your ISP. 

If you need solid web pages and page building tools, host them someplace else. Comcast could pull the plug on these at any time. I have my business web pages hosted someplace else.

Contributor

You, once again, are assuming too much.

The REAL REASON I picked Comcast for my ISP is that they are the only cable service available in my entire area.

I had no other choice.

Web Page Expert
BethKatz

I agree that many people don't have a choice of ISP. I trimmed that out of my post.

Another option for free web pages is Google Sites (https://sites.google.com/). Much better tools.

I'm trying to discourage you from wasting your time on building web pages here. No one from Comcast is going to read this part of the forum. It has been years since they updated the tools. If you run into a problem, some of us can help you. But mostly you are wasting your time to use the tools here.

You can build your own pages with a third-party tool and host them here. 

Contributor

With all due respect, you are again assuming too much.

I use Expression Web and not any Comcast web tools. 

Service Expert
Again

Samforms wrote:

With all due respect, you are again assuming too much.

I use Expression Web and not any Comcast web tools. 

Beth assumed nothing.  You jumped on someone else's thread and never stated anything except an arugment about how much one pays for a service that is THERE, but not supported nor advertised by Comcast.  It's good that you use a third party authoring tool.  The majority of Comcast users that find Personal Web Pages do not, so the majority of questions posted here are by novices and involve Comcast web tools.  Beth can't read your mind or possibly know your expertise, or lack thereof, or what programs you use or don't.

FWIW Comcast just recently removed a feature that many people used and hoped would become part of the Xfinity.comcast.net "stable".  This was a much requested item that never got out of beta, and simply was removed within several days' notice.  You didn't pay extra for it and we heard little about it past when it was first put up.  Same thing can happen with the PWP.  Or anything else that Comcast has on their website.  And you won't see a change in your bill as a result.

Since this thread is not a request for help, other than a post requesting better web tools [very improbable], I am locking this.

"When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be."
--- Lao Tzu ---
"Life is not linear. It's all a circle. Our dust becomes the firmament on which the future walks."
--- © James Scott 2014 ---