Web Page Expert
BethKatz

Rearrange pages or delete them with Comcast's page-building tool

I created this thread to answer a question but give it a good subject line.  I'll move the other message to this thread. 

You can create a new thread by clicking New Message a few inches down the page on the left side.

New Visitor
clord001

Re: How do I delete my published web page?

Sorry, I can't find how to start a new thread. Can anyone tell me how to change the display order of pages within my personal web site. I would like to organize them better. Also is there a way to delete just one page from the site other than changing it to draft?

Web Page Expert
BethKatz

The pages are arranged in the order you created them. You can't rearrange them.

A very bothersome and tedious workaround is to create new pages in the order you want to have them. Then copy the content from the existing pages and paste it into the new pages. Then delete the old pages.

If you are in the Comcast page-building tool and see your list of pages, there is a Delete column. If you click the big red X, that should delete that page. I don't want to be messing with mine right now to test whether deletion is working. That's how it should work.

You can't delete the home page or the Blog, Photos, Events, or Contact pages. 

If you want your pages to appear in a certain order, I suggest using another tool to build your pages and uploading them to upload.comcast.net

New Visitor
clord001

Thanks, I was afraid of that. I've already used the workaround. It is cumbersome. I was just about to begin advertising my web page but I think it would probably be better to use a more complete hosting service. It is just to awkward to do very much with this one.

Web Page Expert
BethKatz

Comcast's web page tools are awkward to use. And there is no guarantee that Comcast will continue providing the space. I have my business pages hosted elsewhere.