Web Page Expert
BethKatz

Seeing newly created pages

[ Edited ]

Created this thread for the how do you see your newly created pages questions.

Be sure to clear your web browser's cache and reload the page.

Your page will be at http://home.comcast.net/~username

Note that I created this thread in response to the post below. It can be very frustrating to not see the page you spent time creating. This information should be in the FAQs in an easily found place.

Message Edited by bethkatz on 03-18-2009 07:33 AM
Visitor

Re: Personal Web Pages - Comcast FAQ's

I have created a webpage 3 days ago using the comcast software, it says it is published but when I try to go to the webpage it keeps telling me Coming Soon, Did I miss a step?  The website I wrote has a URL of http://home.comcast.net/~silveradoman123/ I tried writing 4 notes to Comcast support under Contact us when when I click to try to send it keeps giving me an error, Very frustrating!  Please somebody help.

Web Page Expert
lead5alpha

[ Edited ]

I see your page. It has a Chevy Silverado pickup on it.

Clear your internet cache on your browser you might be seeing an older page in cache.

Message Edited by lead5alpha on 03-17-2009 09:51 PM
Web Page Expert
BethKatz

Silveradoman123, I see the truck on your page.

I moved your thread to make the information more obvious for others. Maybe that will help someone else avoid the frustration you've had.

Visitor

Beth, I tried advanced search and found this thread, Thanks so much, I can now see my website.  After building the website using the Comcast webtools, If I had cleared my cach would have the website been viewable right away or is there a delay when some batch process runs (daily or weekly?), or some approval by a governing webmaster or someone?  The reason I as is that I thought I had tried viewing my website from my other computer I have and saw the same error, and was wondering there is there is an overnight delay.  When I first started I only had the Default page, then a few days later I thought maybe I couldn't see it because I needed more than just the Default (Main) page so addded another page. 
Web Page Expert
lead5alpha

The cache is on each individual client computer.  The browser stores images and html source code for pages you visit so that they load faster when you visit them again by using information in the cache on your computer instead of reading from the server.  If the page has been changed the browser should load the updated information from the server.

When you clear the cache it loads the new (updated page) instantly and places the updated page and supporting images into the cache on your computer.  No batch process or webmaster approval at comcast is involved. 

Web Page Expert
BethKatz

Using the Comcast PWP tools, I see the changes I make to pages almost instantaneously. In fact, I usually have multiple web browser windows open when playing with pages. I'll change and save in one window and display the site I'm working on in another.

That's for pages editted live. For others, you edit them locally and then when they are ready, you upload the whole thing.