New Visitor

Trouble using forms with frontpage 2000

Hi,

I'm using Frontpage 2000 to publish my website.  I've added a form, so that the info that my visitors fill out can be sent to my e-mail. 

The problem is that the info isn't being sent to my e-mail.  I even tried changing the e-mail it's being sent to to my comcast e-mail.  No luck

Just to get a better idea of what is going on I set the form up to save the results in a text file on the web site server as well as sending it to my e-mail.  Now it's being saved to the text file, but still not being sent to the e-mail.  This really isn't a solution because I need to know when the form is being filled out. 

I know that years and years ago before comcast changed how their homepage hosting service was configured used to have an "add frontpage extensions" option, and these sorts of forms worked.  Now I can find no such option and they don't seem to work. 

So please, is there any hope?  Or any other option for allowing forms to be filled out and sent to one's email?

Web Page Expert
BethKatz

Re: Trouble using forms with frontpage 2000

I think that the FrontPage extensions are automatically available now. But I don't know anything else about using FrontPage.
Bronze Problem Solver

Re: Trouble using forms with frontpage 2000

sakurafairy wrote:

Hi,

I'm using Frontpage 2000 to publish my website.  I've added a form, so that the info that my visitors fill out can be sent to my e-mail. 

The problem is that the info isn't being sent to my e-mail.  I even tried changing the e-mail it's being sent to to my comcast e-mail.  No luck

Just to get a better idea of what is going on I set the form up to save the results in a text file on the web site server as well as sending it to my e-mail.  Now it's being saved to the text file, but still not being sent to the e-mail.  This really isn't a solution because I need to know when the form is being filled out. 

I know that years and years ago before comcast changed how their homepage hosting service was configured used to have an "add frontpage extensions" option, and these sorts of forms worked.  Now I can find no such option and they don't seem to work. 

So please, is there any hope?  Or any other option for allowing forms to be filled out and sent to one's email?

Make sure that you entered your e-mail address correctly in the Form Properties dialog box.