New Visitor
gentlethug

Using Filezilla to manage PWP files

I've been using Filezilla for multiple accounts/web pages for a long time, and I'm trying to set up one more with no success.  The login looks like it's working, but then I get a message saying "426 Data connection error: No child processes.
After that, it says "failed to retrieve directory listing" and "Could not read from socket: ECONNRESET-Connection reset by peer", then "Disconnected from server".

How can I get this working like it used to?

Web Page Expert
lead5alpha

Re: Using Filezilla to manage PWP files

Check the setting for "active" or "passive" mode.  Switch modes and see if you can connect.

Visitor

I am having the same problem. I can access all but one of my folders. I tried switching from "passive" to "active" but it did not work.

Service Expert
Again

FWIW, there have been on and off problems with FileZilla for a while now.  Try using a different FTP client, like CoreFTP LE.  If you  Both are free.'re using Firefox there is an add-on that I use, FireFTP.  Both are free.

"When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be."
--- Lao Tzu ---
"Life is not linear. It's all a circle. Our dust becomes the firmament on which the future walks."
--- © James Scott 2014 ---

Web Page Expert
lead5alpha

There is some information on google that indicates that filezilla has problems with a directory that contains a large number of files.  A possiblilty could be some file name in the directory that filezilla does not like for some reason.

I don't use Filezilla but agree with Again, that CoreFTP LE is a good free ftp client.

Windows has a free one built in.  Open any windows explorer window, erase the address bar, type in ftp://upload.comcast.net and follow the prompts.  A window will open showing your directory on the server.  Just drag your files into the window.

Contributor
SteveOrin

Interesting in light of my last post re thinking of using filezilla...