Contributor
Accepted Solution

Where do I find the nameserver info for my Web page?

My domain name is "hosted" by GoDaddy.com. I accidentally let that expire, so my Web page (which is hosted by Comcast) disappeared from the Web. I've just renewed with GoDaddy for another year, but the GoDaddy tech support guy tells me that because my registration had lapsed, the nameserver info was deleted.

Therefore, I am told, I need to get the nameserver info from Comcast and then enter it in my GoDaddy account. My goal, you see, is to restore the situation which has always existed, which is that my domain name redirects to my Comcast personal Web page.

This type of info used to be fairly easy to find, but when I log in to Comcast.net, I can't seem to find it. Please help!

Thank you...

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: Where do I find the nameserver info for my Web page?

[ Edited ]

irate_crackpot wrote:

My domain name is "hosted" by GoDaddy.com. I accidentally let that expire, so my Web page (which is hosted by Comcast) disappeared from the Web. I've just renewed with GoDaddy for another year, but the GoDaddy tech support guy tells me that because my registration had lapsed, the nameserver info was deleted.

Therefore, I am told, I need to get the nameserver info from Comcast and then enter it in my GoDaddy account. My goal, you see, is to restore the situation which has always existed, which is that my domain name redirects to my Comcast personal Web page.

This type of info used to be fairly easy to find, but when I log in to Comcast.net, I can't seem to find it. Please help!

Thank you...

Maybe I'm not getting your question but I don't understand why your Comcast PWP pages would disappear from the web because your domain name at Go Daddy expired. Your Comcast hosted pages are at http://home.comcast.net/~YourUserName regardless of whether your Go Daddy name expired or not.

Comcast does not provide DNS or redirect service for personal web pages. If you have a domain name registered with Go Daddy, they, or you could have a thrird party DNS service, should provide DNS service for that name. So say your domain name at Go Daddy is mydomain.com, then Go Daddy would provide redirect to your hosted pages at for example Comcast (http://home.comcast.net/~YourComcastUserName) for mydomain.com.

Message Edited by FishMan on 10-19-2009 07:12 AM
Contributor

Re: Where do I find the nameserver info for my Web page?

FishMan, thank you so much for your prompt reply! I misspoke when I said my page had disappeared from the Web. What I should have said was that the domain name registered with GoDaddy was no-longer redirecting to my Comcast page.

It turns out the guy I spoke to at GoDaddy had misinformed me, as my GoDaddy-hosted domain name is now redirecting to my Comcast page, just as it's supposed to, and no action was required on my part.

Thanks again!