09-12-2010 11:45 AM
I don't want to post blogs, photos, or events on my PWP. How do I remove the default links to those default pages?
You can't. That's one of the limitations of the Comcast page-building tool.
You can use another page building tool and upload those pages to the Comcast server.
I have some suggestions about that at:
Mine are not great examples of pages or tools. They are existence proofs. My top level page is hand-coded as are many of my other pages. Below that, I link in examples including the Comcast page-building tool, iWeb (for Macs), Kompozer (cross-platform), and Microsoft Word (widely available, and I believe you can do the same with other word processors).
Advantages of using some other tool:
- you have a copy stored on your home machine and can keep your own backup
- your pages are stored in a portable HTML format (Comcast's are in a data management system)
- you can move them to another host if necessary
- you have more control over style and contents
Disadvantages to using some other tool:
- you cannot use the blog, event, or other Comcast features
- you have to upload the pages to the Comcast server (use FTP to upload.comcast.net)
- you can't use Comcast's templates
Comcast won't help you with using the page-building tool. Getting support doesn't go in either category.
©2011 Comcast | Investor Relations | Press Room | Corporate Blog | Privacy Statement | Visitor Agreement | Comcast.com Feedback | Site Map