Contributor
aweebunny

collecting and storing info PWP

Is there any method of storing data collected from visitors who visit my site?  Thanks.

Web Page Expert
BethKatz

Re: collecting and storing info PWP

aweebunny wrote:

Is there any method of storing data collected from visitors who visit my site?  Thanks.

As far as I know, no. I don't even know if the number of visitors is a valid count.

Web Page Expert
lead5alpha

If you author your pages with 3rd party tools you can get any one of the numerous visitor stats counters that you can find on a google search.  They provide your with the html code that you can paste into your code for your page.  Many of the free ones are ad support and then when you go to view your visitor stats the code providers stats page for your site they may display some ads.

Contributor
aweebunny

I was thinking more on the line of storing a short survey or credit card number submitted by a user??

Web Page Expert
lead5alpha

For what you are wanting to do you are going to need to find a web hosting service that offers those type of options.  Comcast does not allow the server side scripting that could do those things. Comcast provides space for a personal web page as an extra associated with having a comcast account.  It has never been intended to be a full featured web hosting service.

Contributor
aweebunny

Ok.  Thanks for the reply.