Contributor

Antilogger sdk

Just installed CG , no problems yet but I see some of the posts and am now checking installed programs.. 

Question: is Antilogger SDK from zemana part of CG? Is that the anti keylogger?

geo

Bronze Problem Solver
Paraniod

Re: Antilogger sdk

Yes it is part of Constant Guard, it is the anti keylogger, some people have reported problems with it. If you get any uninstall it.

New Visitor
REF2

I just spent 4 hours trying to figure out why Win7 suddenly started crashing with Interactive Services Detection Errors.

I finally discovered that Antilogger SDK had been installed along with a ConstantGuard update with absolutely no notification to me, or confirmation from me required.  I just happened to see that it had an installation date of today, along with ConstantGuard.

I would definitely uninstall it if you find it on your system.  I can only imagine how many other computers are now FUBAR because of Comcast. 

This will probably be what causes me to take a serious look at FIOS.

New Visitor
thetallone

Just wanted to let you know, Antilogger SDK screwed up the Windows 8 Taskbar program, called Classic Shell.  It also screwed up VLC 32-bit and 64-bit (experimental).  After uninstalling the antilogger SDK the programs responded as normal.  I uninstalled Constant Guard just because it was annoying and didn't work with several websites.  Didn't keep track of which.

Official Employee
CGPS-Support

The Antilogger SDK will block a program which is not whitelisted, or which does not have a valid signature. However, "Classic Shell," isn't one of them. As you note, the Antilogger SDK is a separate application which installs with the Constant Guard Protection Suite (CGPS). For Windows 8, only the anti-key-logging component is active. Any component can be disabled by using the Options tab of the Constant Guard Protection Suite Home Page. From the Options page, the Protection Servces can be enabled or disabled without the need to remove the Antilogging SDK or the Constant Guard Protection Suite.

The true value in CGPS is not as a password manager. There are some sites which may not adhere to coding standards or which, for some other reason, are not recognized by our browser helper object. However, CGPS uses a secure browser to open and protect transactions for financial sites, such as the customer's banking accounts. That is where it provides a valuable security option.

Official Employee
CGPS-Support

Ref2 - Can you tell me what type of computer you are using, and what version of Windows 7? The only issue we have seen with the Antilogger SDK, excluding specific programs being blocked, is an issue with an older version of the HP HotKeys driver for the QuickLaunch keys on some specific HP and Compaq models. As a result, the reports of the issue(s) have been few. Most reported issues are resolved by simply turning off the anti-key-logging service via the Constant Guard Protection Suite Options tab to "Configure My Protection Services." If you can provide more information regarding your configuration I can see what I can find out regarding the detection errors.

Contributor
JayD13

Wow!   Shame on someone there at Comcast!    This Antilogger SDK situation looks like it could make trouble for lots of Comcast customers who use the the Xfinity Constant Guard Security Suite!

Example. Got a call from a friend today who needed help with her computer.    Her report was that "AOL was going crazy"!   Every time she attempted to log in to AOL, as soon as she would enter her password and click on SIGN IN, the AOL program would instantaneously disappear (close)!

I went to her home to help.   I verified everything she had told me.   Three times I entered her password in AOL -- POW - the AOL program flashes OFF the screen in a nanosecond.   Gone - closed!   I then suspected some possible malware on her system.  Ran a Norton full scan - 55 minutes -- nothing found!

I then un-installed the entire AOL program and then re-installed a fresh copy of AOL 9.7.   Same bad result - the program disappears in a flash!      I then started to go into control panel to look at any activity in Win 7 Programs and Features.   There it shows that Norton Security Suite was installed on 2-7-2013 and ALSO something in the next line as a separate entry called "Antilogger SDK" -- with the SAME date of 2-7-2013.   SHE didn't ask for this new program on 2-7.  It would appear that the auto-updates just did it without warning or her consent!  

Bottom line:   after 3 1/2 hours I told her that I had not yet  found a solution for this mysterious problem but I would research it on the internet and get back to her.   One hour ago, I found this forum and this new problem unveiled here.

What likely happened is the first time after this unwanted Xfinity/Norton software was auto-installed, she attempted to log on to AOL -- she was presented with some NEW choices by the unwanted Antilogger program........ and this smart but not tech-savvy lady gave the wrong response to that choice.   The result -- 5 days of aggravation & annoyance caused by this Comcast-provided software tool and more than 4 hours of my time to troubleshoot the problem.   Thanks Comcast!

What happened to my friend is certainly going to happen to many Comcast customers in the future.   Comcast needs to get the word out to ALL users of Constant Guard.

Lastly, I would welcome a reply from the person at Comcast who felt that this Antilogger program would be a good idea for Comcast subscribers!

Jay

Security Expert
USAF_E-8_RET

Hi JayD13,

No I am not a Comcast employee - just a customer (like you) who volunteers their time to assist customers when we can.

I am concened about your coments that the keylogger was loaded with Norton Security Suite (NSS).  Itis myunderstanding it is loaded with the Contstant Guard Proectection Suite (CGPS) - which is a separate program from Norton.  Each operate independent of the other and I can guarantee that the Antilogger SDK is not part of NSS.  Each can be installed or uninstalled  independently of the other, although  Comcast would want you to believe you need to install CGPS prior to installing NSS.  There is a separate download link or NSS without installing CGPS.

Any info you can pass on in regards to your supposition of "auto-install" of Norton would be appreciated.  If possible, could you tell me the version of NSS (from the main page select Support > About), past version and present version would really be helpful.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Contributor
JayD13

Hey, thanks for the quick reply!    I am going over to her house this afternoon - I'll fill you in on all that transpires. I intend on deleting the AntiLogger SDK reference from the listing in Programs & Features.

I am then going to re-visit the firewall settings as I did yesterday to see what's being blocked there.

Also, unless there is a different approach to it, I can see no way that a Comcast customer can only D/L & install NSS.   Step #1 is "FREE Download" (of CGPS) that includes NSS.   My friend would have never - on her own - decided to install CGPS without checking with me.   To repeat, she is a very, very bright lady but not a techie at all!   I'll report back later this afternoon if I get her AOL functioning again.

Cheers,

Jay

(Also a Vet!)  

Security Expert
USAF_E-8_RET

Hi Jay,

Thanks for offering the information - when you get it.

There are stickies located at the top of this board labeled Norton Security Suite FAQ's.  They include information on different situations involving NSS - initial installation, just a regular uninstall/reinstall and also an uninstall/reinstall after after a problem, as well as other information in greards to updates,etc.

The link for the NSS only install is located within each of the install instruction sets in the FAQ's.

Hopefully the FAQ's will prove useful - and thanks for your service! 

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

New Visitor
REF2

The computer is a Micron PC ClientPro 7620 running 32-bit Windows 7 Ultimate.

From what I read, Interactive Services Detection Errors would only be the result incompatable or poorly written software or drivers.

What other types of information do you need about the configuration?

New Visitor
thetallone

Jay,

I'd recommend just uninstalling the AntiLogger SDK, if you delete the reference to it in Programs, it will not be deleted.  After I removed this program my other programs functioned again.  You could of course take the "whitelist" approach that the Comcast guy mentioned, but I'd recommend just removing CGPS altogether.  Banks have high security SSL nowadays, 2 step verification, and offer no liability if a hacker removes your funds or makes fraudulent purchases... Not much value in CGPS in my humble opinion.  Also I did not see an option about the AntiLogger SDK, but I did blow through the install of CGPS quickly.

New Visitor
thetallone

P.S. Jay, there's probably not anything in the firewall settings, especially that would cause AOL to crash.  Modern software adds its own exceptioins to Windows Firewall (and most big name Firewall Software).

However, if she has Norton installed, you should ensure that Windows Firewall and Norton Firewall are not both active, this will cause connection problems.

I am nearly certain that a crash on login is related to the AntiLogger SDK, because of the problems it gave me with certain programs, you should try that first to save time.

Official Employee
CGPS-Support

Hi JayD13,

The reason your friends AOL program was closing was due to the fact that the Constant Guard Protection Suite did not recognize the software application and produced a pop up message basicly indicating that the program was being blocked due to it not being recognized.  The reason you didn't see the pop up message was only introduced during the first initial instance of the software launch.  Also, the CGPS software has a feature where any blocked programs can be unblocked in the CGPS Dashboard, under the Options tab then "Manage my "Blocked Program" rules" link.

New Visitor
BoxerJ

So glad I ran into this. I did a search after noticing the unfamiliar term as I was preparing to uninstall everything nonessential.  Just deleted my OpenOffice because every file suddenly started crashing. And I kept having to go back in time to Jan. 15 to resolve the blue screen of death.  Glad this at least starts with the letter A.  Will try uninstalling this first and see how things go.  Using a Vista 64bit, btw.

Regular Visitor

the antilogger broke tightvnc on my home network.  once i disabled it, everything worked fine.

Security Expert
USAF_E-8_RET

New Visitor
bryan9287

Same thing happened to me.  I will not be using this "security program" anymore.  Not worth the headache.  Thanks Comcast! 

New Visitor
MustangAnnie

Is this Antilogger sdk the reason why every time I type in my user name and password for either emails or other sites it turns blue? (the area where you type in info) I'm a bit weary of this. I've had nothing but problems with comcast since I got their service a month ago. I'm getting logged off, internet speed is all over the place. Oh I could go on and on. The white bar that turns blue bothers me. Especially now that my bank card was used by some hacker.

Official Employee
CGPS-Support

The Aol desktop v.9.7 was whitelisted for the antilogger about 2 months ago - meaning that your friend may not have received the updates for the software. The antilogger will automatically quarantine any application which does not have a digital signature. I reported the Aol block at that time, and it was resolved the same day. I have issued a site request to have it checked again, but when I reported it, I also saw the dialogue box which told me that the .exe was being blocked. So, I simiply unblocked it.

We provide the antilogging options - which can be enabled or disabled - for customers who do not have antilogging options via other security applications.

New Visitor
grunder01

We have been unable to open AOL for about 3 weeks.  I do not see on the options bar where it is a blocked site so that I can unblock it.  I am not a techy, which is one reason I use AOL - it's user friendly. I uninstalled and re-installed AOL and it did no good. At that point, I started researching whether Contant Guard might be the reason AOL won't open. My research shows it is, but I have yet to find a way to correct it. 

Official Employee
CGPS-Support

Hi grunder 01 - after your report, I went back and tried again, but can't reproduce the issue you are seeing - the aol v.9.2 desktop is not being blocked - or rather, I cannot reproduce what you are seeing on this Window 7/64bit computer with IE 9 as the default browser. It could be related to something else - and THAT could be triggering the block for you. Regardless, if you go to the Programs & Features control panel of the computer, and look in the Programs List, you'll see the "Antilogger SDK," IF the application is still installed. Just click on the "Antilogger SDK" name, click to Uninstall, and after the application has been removed, just restart the computer. That will remove the application completely, and should resolve the situation.

New Visitor
maxjwinters

Antilogger will not uninstall

New Visitor
maxjwinters

Antilogger will not uninstall as it requires entry of a five digit number which never matches keyboard input

Official Employee
CGPS-Support

Hi maxjwinters - you may be seeing a capchka. If you click this link, it will give you the option of running a "remove capchka" tool. After the tool has run, it will note that it has and that you should try uninstalling again. Hopefully, this will work for you.

http://dl7.zemana.com/dl7/RemoveCaptcha.exe

New Visitor
kil926

[ Edited ]

5/18/13, I downloaded comcast protection suite and next day my keyboard is not working completely.

Went to walmart and bought keyboards twice and still not working.

Uninstalled comcast protection suite and automatically removed antilogger(Zemana.com), restarted computer everything works fine.

Wasted  a lot of time to figure it out.  THANKS A LOT COMCAST....................

Official Employee
CGPS-Support

kil926 - You may want to try to figure out what the conflict was that caused your keyboard issues. If you saw them once, then you will probably see them if you install another antilogging application which uses key encryption. Anti-keyloggers tend to have conflicts with game controllers, keyboards which need/use special drivers, and software which use special key commands for diacritics. Antiloggers also do not get alone well together - much like other pieces of security software. You only want one installed.

Where the Antilogger SDK is concerned, you can disable it without removing Constant Guard Protection Suite. If you reinstall CGPS, just click on the Options tab, and click to "configure my protection services." There, you can simply click to enable/disable the antilogging services.

Regular Visitor

I have the same problem, however uninstalling CPG and the antilogger did not resolve my keyboard problem! Any ideas on how to get my driver back? This onscreen keyboard sucks!

Official Employee
CGPS-Support

Are you using a keyboard that requires a special driver? The only time I've seen this, in the past, is if the keyboard is really old - like a PS1 keyboard - or used special drivers for specific functions. If that is NOT the case, try plugging in another USB keyboard to see if it works.

New Visitor
mgeezy

Same thing happened with my sons keyboard. It quit working. We had to open a text file and copy each individual character with the cursor to make the text entry because only the mouse worked. Uninstalled Antilogger SDK, everything started working again.

I just installed a fresh operating system on my PC tonight and then I installed CG. Immediately everything came to a grinding hault. Luckily my keyboard still worked so I went and uninstalled CG and everything is running at an acceptable speed now.

Contributor
mnakdib

http://dl7.zemana.com/dl7/RemoveCaptcha.exe

If I want to uninstall Antilogger SDK, what effect will it have on my use of Constant Guard for saved passwords?

Are there other programs that were installed with Constant Gurad that I don't need to use the password application?

Official Employee
CGPS-Support

mnakdib - these posts for issues and answers are from last July. If you have a current issue or question - make sure that you create a new post regarding it.

For THIS question, if you see the response - the antilogger sdk is installed as a separate application with Constant Guard Protection Suite (CGPS). Like the xfinity toolbar, or Norton, they are independent of the CGPS dashboard and the secure browser for our online account protection.

You can remove the antilogging without affecting anything else associated with the CGPS.

If you do not wish the antilogging, just go to your Programs/Features control panel, and find "antilogger sdk" in the alphabetical list. Click to highlight it, click to uninstall, and restart the computer after the uninstall.

New Visitor
tladma

I have a question about the Antilogger sdk.  I cannot uninstall it.  I keep getting an error message stating that "c:\WINDOWS\system32\ZALSDK_uninst\unins000.msg" is missing.

Official Employee
CGPS-Support

Hi tladma - do you have the Constant Guard Protection Suite installed? I ask because, if not - the cleaner for the CGPS should remove the Antilogger SDK. If you DO have CGPS installed, then wait a bit. I'm waiting for an answer back to see if I can find a cleaner which will only remove that application.

New Visitor
tladma

I did have that installed.  I recently uninstalled it. ???

Contributor
mnakdib

I am VERY interested in uninstalling this - please respond with "cleaner."

Official Employee
CGPS-Support

Hello, here is a link to the CGPS cleaner. It will uninstall anything which our installer, installed - unless the installed item has somehow become corrupted - and the cleaner can't remove it. If that is not the case, then this should remove the Antilogger SDK. Just click on the link, and when prompted, click to "Run," the cleaner. When the process is done, it will note, "Completed." After that, restart the computer.

http://downloads.idvault.com/comcast/cleaner/constantguardcleaninstall.exe
Contributor
mnakdib

So does this cleaner remove the Constant Guard program or just the SDK?

Official Employee
CGPS-Support

This will remove Constant Guard Protection Suite (CGPS) as well. It *should* remove the antilogger SDK. I would create a backup of your secure accounts via the Options button in CGPS, and then run the cleaner. After the cleaner has "completed," check to ensure that the antilogger SDK is gone. If it is, then reinstall the CGPS, go to your Programs/Features control panel, and see if you can now successfully remove only the antiloggerSDK. Then, reinstall your stored accounts using the Restore feature available through Options.