Regular Contributor
missy2008
Accepted Solution

CA pest patrol

Under Programs installed I have CA Pest Patrol Realtime Protection. I don't remember installing it.

Should I Uninstall it?

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

Re: CA pest patrol

[ Edited ]

If you, at any time, installed the Comcast toolbar, CA Pest Patrol Real Time Protection came with it.

If you had the toolbar and uninstalled it, Real Time Protection remains.

You can uninstall the CA Real Time component. 

Message Edited by Queen-Evie on 02-14-2010 03:29 PM

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

Regular Contributor

I just was looking through my applications and saw it as well.

It is a disgrace as well a a violation of our privacy that Comcast installs software that its customers don't know about.

We know that this is only for the benefit of Comcast.

To me, it's the same as breaking and entering.

Jon

New Visitor
jglace

Jon --

Pest Patrol is a legitimate anti-spyware program.  Although it isn't the best program available, it's not doing any harm and you didn't pay for it.  Comcast is a cable company, not a computer security company.  How else do you think Comcast makes the toolbar safe for computers?

Relax, man.

Oh, and Verizon put 3 pages of apps I can't delete on my cell phone, so don't think the competition is any different.

New Visitor
MrRemedy

Has anyone interacted with this application?  That is, is there a GUI program to look at it's findings etc?

New Visitor
dlanl18

Hey folks:  pest patrol is a problem.  It shows an installation date of 2168 which screws Norton and apparently a bunch of certificates so browsers get hungup.  I had a bunch of software that wouldn't run becausesomehow it changed my calendar date to 2168.   I think Comcast is spreading infection!

Comcast PP wasted another 4 hours of my time and I have to keep checking that it doesn't reestablish itself!   dlanl18

Regular Problem Solver
BlueJay

If I remember correctlty, CA pest patrol is part of the comcast toolbar, and in the past it was recommended to remove the toolbar.

ciao, bj

New Visitor
dlanl18

I did early on remove the toolbar but the pestpatrol app remained and then screwed up my date.  It was very difficult to finally remove it with the control panel utility but it I finally got rid of it. I had to remove Norton and re-load-initialize it after I manually finally got the date corrected.    Not only charging me for "not much", Comcast seems to like to waste a lot of my time every other week or so.  Disgusted! dlanl18

New Visitor
parvazf5

"CA Pest Patrol Real Time Protectionshould be uninstalled from the control panel then, Navigate to the folderC:\Program Files\comcasttbRun the uninstall programReboot your system and double check the process is no longer running (task manager).  You'll need to manually remove the folder called "comcasttb".

Next, navigate to the folderC:\Program Files\CAYou'll need to remove another component which was installed along with the toolbarThis is called "ppclean" aka "Ppclean Custom Cleaning  Utility", published by Computer Associates International and MacAfee Security, a division of Network AssociatesGot all this?

The only reason I know this is because the Comcast community posted the above fix for itnorton or constant guard  does not support any of this obviously.