Contributor
Accepted Solution

Coamcast page loading twice

Recently our comcast page has been loading twice when we click on the IE icon. My husband read somewhere that this may be a virus or bot. I ran the "bot scan" on the xfinity secruity page and it did not find any infected files. Do you know of any thing else that could cause this?

Contributor

Xfinity connect taking to long to connect

Up until a few weeks ago our comcast home page and email inbox loaded flawlessly. Now both are taking forever to load and we are getting alot more error messages. Did you update your email system recently, is there some update we need to download to make it smoother to use your system. We are running explorer 9.

Security Expert
LoPhatPhuud

Re: Xfinity connect taking to long to connect

When you say 'loading twice' is a new window open, or is the home page just reloading??

What error messages are you getting?

"Once I talked to the inmates of an insane asylum in Hartford. I have talked to idiots a thousand times, but only once to the insane..."
Mark Twain

Microsoft MVP, Consumer Security, 2005-2013
Contributor

Re: Coamcast page loading twice

Two tabs open up each with a home page. Sometimes one of the tabs opens and says cookies are not enabled, but the othe tab  comcast page works just fine.

I don't know if error message if the correct term, It says that comcast is not responding and then asks to trouble shoot.

I am using Windows 7 and IE9 and I have emptied my cache.

Contributor

This also happens when I click on the Home icon while I am using IE.

Regular Problem Solver
BlueJay

Hi Jevgal,

Did you check Tools>Internet Options>? How many instances of comcast home page is showing?

Just a thought.  I don't use comcast's home page, but do use W7 IE9..

ciao, bj

Contributor

Thank-you, I can't believe I didn't check that. Recently I our home page got changed accidentally and when I set it back to comcast I must of had the email page open and the homepage because it bookmarked both. All is fixed now. Thanks again. Now I just have to figure out why the xfinity connect is so slow to load.

Regular Problem Solver
BlueJay

You're welcome!  :smileyhappy: Glad I could help..

ciao, bj