Contributor
Accepted Solution

Comcast Anti Spy/Norton Security Suite

I'm a little confused. I thought the Norton Security Suite included Antispy ware.

What's the purpose of Comcast Anti Spy? I'm not using the Comcast Toolbar, so I've stopped the Comcast AntiSpy service as 1) it seems to use a lot of resources and 2) didn't think one should run two antispy programs at the same time ...

Anybody shed some light on this?

Thanks,

Mike

Security Expert
USAF_E-8_RET

Re: Comcast Anti Spy/Norton Security Suite

Hi Mikey_Boy,

NSS is all you need.

Comcast AntiSpy is part of the Comcast Toolbar which all of the experts  suggest that you do not use.  Why Comcast has it after offering NSS is beyond me.  It gets even worse as they continue to offer it as part of their Constant Guard Protective Suite, which in itself has caused many problems as you'll be able to see by looking thru the forum posts.

If Comcast Toolbar is not in add/remove programs (Programs and Features) for you to remove, look for a CA Realtime protection and if either or both appear - uninstall them.  This hpefully will do away with the Comcast AntiSpy service.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Contributor

That's sort of what of I thought ... many thanks for your prompt and clear reply ...

Mike

New Visitor
zen2121

[ Edited ]

I like your quote "A Veteran".

New Visitor

I removed CA Associates Realtime and the Xfinity Toolbar.  Restarted the computer and still have Comcast antispy running in the background.  Any suggestions.  It's getting to be a real bother a shutdown.  Thanks to all.

Bronze Problem Solver
Paraniod

[ Edited ]

Follow Havoc321's reply in this thread....

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Security-and-Anti-Virus/What-is-ComcastAntiSpy-exe/m-p/1090609/highligh...

That should get rid of it for you.....!