New Visitor

Comcast Anti Spyware

How do I remove comcast antispyware as a process.

I cannot find it in my add/remove programs and it is running and using almost 100% of my cpu cycle causing my computer to hum like a jet.

Any help in removing this would be greatly appreciated.

Security Expert
CWH803

Re: Comcast Anti Spyware

Bercolini asked "How do I remove comcast antispyware as a process"?

It's part of the Comcast Toolbar. Remove the Tool bar.

Signature: 127.0.0.1, Sweet 127.0.0.1 and I recommend all of these Anti-malware tools and Procedures. (updated May 2010)
Email Expert
JR071702

CWH803 wrote:

Bercolini asked "How do I remove comcast antispyware as a process"?

It's part of the Comcast Toolbar. Remove the Tool bar.

Always a good idea - even if it's not causing the CPU to bury the needle :smileyhappy:

JR

New Visitor
snaudain

Anti spy exe error how do i fix

Security Expert
USAF_E-8_RET

snaudain wrote:

Anti spy exe error how do i fix

Please read through this thread and see if it helps:

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Security-and-Anti-Virus/What-is-ComcastAntiSpy-exe/m-p/862043/message-u...

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

New Visitor
scottyvance

I am sick of this      Comcast Anti Spy    thing   it pops up on my computer all the time   I do not want it   How do I delete it..........it dose not appear in my add / remove program tools......I don't know how it got on my computer in the first place.............NEED  HELP......PLEASE

E- Mail........   irbyscott@att.net

Security Expert
LoPhatPhuud

scottyvance wrote:

I am sick of this      Comcast Anti Spy    thing   it pops up on my computer all the time   I do not want it   How do I delete it..........it dose not appear in my add / remove program tools......I don't know how it got on my computer in the first place.............NEED  HELP......PLEASE

E- Mail........   irbyscott@att.net

Navigate to the folder:  C:\Program Files\comcasttb. (note if your OS is 64 bit, the correct folder is C:\Program Files (x86)\comcasttb

Run the uninstall program.  Reboot your system and double check the process is no longer running (task manager).  You'll need to manually remove the folder called "comcasttb".

"Once I talked to the inmates of an insane asylum in Hartford. I have talked to idiots a thousand times, but only once to the insane..."
Mark Twain

Microsoft MVP, Consumer Security, 2005-2014