Regular Contributor

Comcast Antispyware.exe Error Message - How to fix this?

The HP Laptop shows this Error Message at Shutdown, has anyone had this issue before, and fixed it? Thanks!

"Access violation at address 00423b70 in module' comcastAntiSpy.exe 'write of address 0000000d"

I've seen a couple possible solutions, after doing a search, but wanted to check here first:

1. Run Malwarebytes

2. Install and run a "Comcastantispyware.exe Error Removal Tool 

Security Expert
USAF_E-8_RET

Re: Comcast Antispyware.exe Error Message - How to fix this?

Tele wrote:

The HP Laptop shows this Error Message at Shutdown, has anyone had this issue before, and fixed it? Thanks!

"Access violation at address 00423b70 in module' comcastAntiSpy.exe 'write of address 0000000d"

I've seen a couple possible solutions, after doing a search, but wanted to check here first:

1. Run Malwarebytes

2. Install and run a "Comcastantispyware.exe Error Removal Tool 

First thing I would do is have a look in add/Remove Programs (Programs & Features) and see if the Comcst Toolbar entry and or a CA Real Time Protection entry ids present andif so, remove it.

Then I would see post #12 in this thread for more removal instructions: http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Security-and-Anti-Virus/What-is-ComcastAntiSpy-exe/m-p/862043#M78713

I am not sure runnning Malwarebytes will do anything to clear this error (although it is a good on-demand scanner to use in addtion to your AV).

For some reason I am drawing a blank on the "Comcastantispyware.exe Error Removal Tool".  Could you provide a link for it as I am at a lost (or having a blonde moment) as to what you are talking about. 

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Security Expert
LoPhatPhuud

You may be referring to this:

http://downloads.idvault.com/comcast/cleaner/constantguardcleaninstall.exe

"Once I talked to the inmates of an insane asylum in Hartford. I have talked to idiots a thousand times, but only once to the insane..."
Mark Twain

Microsoft MVP, Consumer Security, 2005-2014
Contributor
frajo

Ive been getting a message from Microsoft Windows saying Comcast Anti Spyware.exe has stopped working and has shut down, when I start up my computer. Does anyone know what this is? I checked my programs and there is an Xfinity toolbar installed but it says nothing about antispyware.exe. Im not sure what it means or how to remove it, this also has been causing my computer to shut down or just stop working. Anyone know what to do?

Security Expert
USAF_E-8_RET

Hi frajo,

Go ahead and uninstall The toolbar and let us know the results.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

New Visitor
1901Indep

I tried all the suggested things to rid my computer of the error message upon shutting down.. the only real thing that did help.. was going to program files and finding the uninstall icon and uninstalling this program.. VOILA.. the message disappeared.. imagine that :smileyhappy:

New Visitor
1901Indep

and.. I had no toolbar either.. I had deleted that long ago