New Visitor
schnizz

Comcast Constant Guard Uninstall

Good Afternoon,

I was having serious slowing of my computer when I installed COmcast Constant Guard so I decided to uninstall. I went into program/features, selected Comcast Constant Guard clicked uninstall and it did its thing. It prompted me to restart the computer to complete the process and I did. I restarted the laptop and logged back in and see Constant Guard starting up as if I just installed it asking me for a new pin. I go to Program/Features to see if I can uninstall again and when I selected the icon it tells me "Constant Guard has been uninstalled, remove the icon" So now I have no way to uninstall Constant Guard through program/features and in the Program Files folder there is no uninstall executable.

Can someone let me know how I can uninstall Constant Guard completely off of my system? Thanks.

John

Email Expert
CCCarole

Re: Comcast Constant Guard Uninstall

I don't know if this helps at all, but I read this in another thread>

Just go to your control panel to Programs/Features to the Programs list. Find Constant Guard in the list. Click to highlight it. Click to Uninstall it. Follow the instructions, and DELETE the secure password file to remove the security certificate for the program. RESTART. That removes CGPS completely;

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Official Employee
CGPS-Support

Re: Comcast Constant Guard Uninstall

Hello schnizz,

1. Go to your administrative tools control panel to Services, and see if the CGPS service is there, and running. If it is (running), click on it, and click to STOP the service;

2. Click this link to run the CGPS cleaner. It will remove the application:

http://downloads.idvault.com/comcast/cleaner/constantguardcleaninstall.exe

After the software has been removed, a dialogue noting, "completed" will appear. Restart your computer at that point. This will remove the Constant Guard Protection suite.

New Visitor
babymama02

Re: Comcast Constant Guard Uninstalled costant guard

please help me uninstalled

Official Employee
CGPS-Support

Re: Comcast Constant Guard Uninstalled costant guard

babymama02 - just click the link in the prior post, and run that cleaner application to remove the Constant Guard application. You may wish to go to the Administrative Tools control panel first. Once there, click on "
Services," and find CGPS in the list. Then, click to STOP that service. Once it is stopped, then run the cleaner application.