Recognized Contributor

Comcast Toolbar:Anti -Spyware

I read about the anti-spyware part of the toolbar, but  I am unable to do anything with that part of the toolbar. If I click on the Quick Launch nothing happens and all I see when I hold the pointer under the spyware icon is:Spyware detected since last install:0   Item(s) quarantined:0 Last Scan Date:N/A

I do have spyware protection enabled on my McAfee Security Center, so hopefully I'm protected from spyware. Is the toolbar Spyware part of McAfee? How do I get all the Spyware features listed on the Comcast page about the toolbar ,such as Full Scan ,Scheduling ,etc, and last  but not least get it to work?  It said on the page about the Comcast Toolbar that the spyware part is powered by CA;but who is CA? 

Recognized Contributor
titusmckieus

Re: Comcast Toolbar:Anti -Spyware

Mad2 wrote:

It said on the page about the Comcast Toolbar that the spyware part is powered by CA;but who is CA? 

CA Link

Visitor

I have installed, uninstalled, and reinstalled the Comcast Toolbar three times in an effort to get the Ca Anti-Spyware to launch.  I finally found a quick fix that worked for me.  First, be sure that the only page you have open on your browser is one that you consider safe.  The Comcast Homepage is a sure bet.  Next, open you Mcafee Security Suite and disable your virus protection.  Once it is disabled your spyware scan will work from the toolbar.  After you complete your scan, be sure to reactivate your Mcafee Virus Protection.  Try it.  It works like a charm.

Recognized Contributor

Thank for the help. I thought maybe the McAfee was interfering with the Comcast Toolbar, but since Comast has for free the toolbar and McAfee Security, you think someone would have said something about that. I also noticed when I click onto the Comcast Toolbar nonworking Anti-Spyware icon my Comcast Home page doesn't load right without me restarting my computer. This is also true for the Security icon on the toolbar, which I don't know what it's for as I can go to my desktop icon for McAfee to see how I'm protected. Since I have Windows Defender from my Windows Vista for spyware and the McAfee Anti-spyware, I've decided since my last post on this forum to not use the Security or Anti- Spyware features on the toolbar or uninstall the toolbar for good (although I like the videos and a few other things on the toolbar).