New Visitor
BroMoney

Constant Guard: Clock not set correctly problem

I'm trying to install Constant Guard on my wife's computer which is a German made Toshiba.  It is running Win 7 32.  When trying to install constant guard, right after i initially enter a pin number, i get the message:

"YOUR COMPUTER'S CLOCK IS NOT SET CORRECTLY.  ACCURATE TIME IS REQUIRED BY PROTECTION SUITE FOR SECURE COMMUNICATION....PLEASE SET YOUR CLOCK TO THE CORRECT TIME..."

the clock is set correctly and i even changed the date format back English with no luck...HELP!

New Visitor
billkat

Re: Constant Guard: Clock not set correctly problem

ve the same problem...someone please help

Frequent Visitor

I'm now getting the same message when I try to use the Constant Guard feature to log into secure websites. I have upgraded my Windows 7 system with the new Norton Security update, and my system's clock is set correctly.

Security Expert
USAF_E-8_RET

Hi all,

I totally agree with LPP who stated in another thread:

"The Constant Guard Protection Suite is not required, You are under no obligation to install it.

My personal recommendation is to not install CGPS at this time due to problems with one of the modules. However, the Comcast/Norton Security Suite is fine and you can download just it from this link:

http://xfinity.comcast.net/constantguard/Products/​CGPS/norton/

Whatever your choice, make sure you have an adequate AntiVirus/AntiMalware Program(s) installed and make sure your firewall is turned on."

So, my suggestion would be to remove Constant Guard Protection Suite via add/remove programs, leaving Norton Secutiy Suite in place.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

New Visitor

I too tried to install Constant Guard and it says my clock is not set correctly.. I checked my clock against the World Clock site and it is correct. Something is wrong with this "FREE" program!

Security Expert
USAF_E-8_RET

Mrsjak, please see the post above yours.  The corrective action is to uninstall Constant Guard Suite thru add/remove programs. 

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

New Visitor
DeLoSanti

USAF_E-8_RET, thank you for the great tip on bypassing this annoying error.  And Thank you for your great military service... I was in USAF for a short period of time (92-98), enjoyed reading your veteran definition.  Warmest Regards...

Security Expert
USAF_E-8_RET

DeLoSanti wrote:

USAF_E-8_RET, thank you for the great tip on bypassing this annoying error.  And Thank you for your great military service... I was in USAF for a short period of time (92-98), enjoyed reading your veteran definition.  Warmest Regards...

Glad you got it sorted and thank you for your service!  :smileycool:

New Visitor
serbesmurat

1- turn of wireless

2- start constant guard

3- wait

4-turn on wireless to connect internet

5- your constant guard will work without clock problem.

Official Employee
CGPS-Support

I am responding to this old post due to the fact that it has been started again, and should be closed.

IF you see a clock, or MS Security Certificate error with ANY security application which uses a Microsoft Security Certificate - it is an issue with Microsoft Security Certificate not creating, or being blocked from opening on the computer. In this case - the warning is self-explanatory. The clock needs to be reset for the time zone, time, day/date of the computer CURRENT location AND the clock needs to be synchronized with internet time. The first thing to do is to use Microsoft's tool for general housekeeping and clock synch:

http://support.microsoft.com/mats/system_maintenance_for_windows/en-us

Then, right clock on the system clock in the lower corner of the computer, and enure the time is correct. Then, click to synchronize the clock with an internet time standard such a .gov clock. Once the clock is synchronized, the download will take place.

We see this most with NEW computers, where the clock is normally set to US Pacific time. The first things to do with a new coputer are to : 1. Set the clock, 2. Accept the MS Updates. 3. Update any virus definitions. After that, the download and cookies issues should be resolved.