New Visitor
chandrar

Constant Guard Error

I get the error " Constant Guard protection suite has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience"  and it asks me  to send files to Microsoft. When I run Constant Guard it does not find any problems, but this popup never goes away. I am not comfortable using any par of this computer now. Has any of you had this problem and how did you change it.

Thanks

Ram/

Official Employee
CGPS-Support

Re: Constant Guard Error

Hi chandrar,

It sounds as if the CGPS software application needs to be re-installed on your computer system.  I would recommend running the CGPS Cleaner Tool in order to remove the old installation.

To completely remove all traces of the Constant Guard software from the computer, download and run the Constant Guard cleaner tool. Click here to download the tool, run the program, and follow the simple prompts to remove the software. You will have to reboot your computer after running the cleaner.

If you plan on reinstalling Constant Guard after removal, then you can download the software by clicking here.

New Visitor
evol2love

i keep getting an error when i try to install CG... and the error keeps changing

this time it was

a2508aba-741f-4187-a54a-130959b59aff

who know's what it will be next time... please help me fix this!!!

evoL

Official Employee
CGPS-Support

Hello evol2love - if you are getting an error when you're trying to install Constant Guard Protection Suite (CGPS) the chances are that the installation is being blocked. If you are getting it while trying to download, it's probably a firewall. If you are getting it during installation, probably an anti-virus utility. If you are getting it during activation, a security application, or your clock isn't set correctly and so the Microsoft Security Certificat can't open. The first thing to do is to run the CGPS cleaner to get rid of any of the elements which may have installed, so you can start fresh. I have put a link to the cleaner at the end of this message. After you have run the cleaner:

1. Right-Click on the system clock in the lower right-hand corner of the display. Then, re-set your closk - even if it looks correct. Set the clock to your current time zone as well as date, time, day, daylight savings time, etc. After you have done that, click on "Internet Time," and link your system clock to an internet time source, such as a .gov site. After the clock has been set,

2. Go to www.comcast.net/security and click to download that software, and SAVE the installation to your desktop instead of choosing to Run the installer. During the download, watch for any prompts from security softwrae, and ALLOW the download. After the download,

3. Install the software, and again, watch for any prompts to ALLOW the installation.

As the installation/activation proceed you'll be asked to create your master PIN. If you have issues at that point, our Activation Service is being blocked by a firewall.

Clilck the following link to run the CGPS Cleaner. It will note "completed," when it is done. Then, RESTART your comptuer.

http://downloads.idvault.com/comcast/cleaner/constantguardcleaninstall.exe