New Visitor
Mairi

Constant Guard Pop-Ups... RIDICULOUS!!!

I am getting Constant Guard pop-ups that are ready to drive me insane!   There is no choice to "X" out of it - the ONLY option there is is to his "OK" and then I'm brought to a Constant Guard page.   I have gone round and round with both Comcast and Xfinity and both claim not to know what I'm talking about.  What makes it even MORE frustrating is that I've got a Mac & it wouldn't work with a Mac anyway.   This is what the pop-up says:

"Constant Guard page that it will Congratulations! Your Norton Protection has been extended for another year, at no additional cost to you.  Another great benefit of your Internet subscription from  Comcast."

MAKE IT STOP!!!   This is ridiculous! 

Bronze Problem Solver
DoubleG

Re: Constant Guard Pop-Ups... RIDICULOUS!!!

Go to add / remove programs and uninstall Constant Guard..

Security Expert
USAF_E-8_RET

Mairi wrote:

I am getting Constant Guard pop-ups that are ready to drive me insane!   There is no choice to "X" out of it - the ONLY option there is is to his "OK" and then I'm brought to a Constant Guard page.   I have gone round and round with both Comcast and Xfinity and both claim not to know what I'm talking about.  What makes it even MORE frustrating is that I've got a Mac & it wouldn't work with a Mac anyway.   This is what the pop-up says:

"Constant Guard page that it will Congratulations! Your Norton Protection has been extended for another year, at no additional cost to you.  Another great benefit of your Internet subscription from  Comcast."

MAKE IT STOP!!!   This is ridiculous! 

Please have a look at this post: 

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Security-and-Anti-Virus/Help-stop-Comcast-s-annoying-pop-up-messages/m-...

JonMcB is a Norton employee and a Comcst customer who very graciously helps out her from time to time.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

New Visitor
baloney1000

I have the exact same problem. Spent hours waiting on phone. Comcast sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!  They put this "explative" on my machine, and now no one has a clue how to get rid of it.....

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

[ Edited ]

Did you see the post above yours, which contains a link that offers a possible solution?

"THEY" didn't put anything on your computer. You or someone else in your house did made the decision to install it.

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

New Visitor
quickdraw2011

To stop Constant Guard pop-ups. Try this, at the top left of Internet Explorer. Locate TOOLS, click this. From the drop down list select, pop-up blocker settings. Change blocking level from Medium to High (Stop all pop-ups). Afterwards, if there are any sites you still want pop-ups from either add the site to the ALLOW SITES list, or hit Ctrl + Alt to override.  

New Visitor
raz11996655

I am leaving Comcast at the very first opportunity!  I spent over an hour on the phone it the most pitiful run-around ever experienced.  This pop-up is on my Kindly, my iPhone, my iPod, my MAC, and my PC.  This puts Comcast on the same level as an identity theif or some such low-life.

Security Expert
USAF_E-8_RET

Hi raz11996655,

You have posted to a thread over one year old, the thread concerns pop-up in regards to Norton MAC subscriptions.  This whole issue has been cleared up, and there is even a new MAC offering outlined here.

If you would like to start a new thread outlining exactly what the Pop-ups are saying/referring to, perhaps we can assist you.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Norton Expert
JonMcB_Norton

The popup that the original poster referenced is a notice on a Mac running the Comcast Norton Internet Security 4.  The popup is not from Constant Guard.  When the 1 year retail license expires, this popup informs the comcast customer that their license has been automatically renewed for another year.  This popup should only occur once per year for a customer running NIS MAC 4, and that product is supported on MAC OSX 10.5 and 10.6.  The popup doesn't occur on iOS devices.

If you are running OSX 10.7 or 10.8, NIS MAC 4 should be removed and there is a NIS MAC v5 offering through Comcast now.  This version will not pop up an autorenewal notice each year, it is perpetual like the windows NSS product through Comcast.

New Visitor
VirginiaEverett

Please take this constand gaurd away! I do not have it on my programs, it's not there or I would have removed it completely. I do not pay $220.00 a month for Internet, cable, and phone for this to happen to my computer. I can't do anything, my college homework and tests online, OMG! This has made me get lower grades than what I should have gotten for running out of time on my tests trying to remove the stupid thing over!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  WHY IS COMCAST DOING THIS TO THEIR CUSTOMERS??????????????????????????????????????????????? I'm so mad about it!!!! This is the worse thing that I have ever dealt with while using a computer.. PLEASE TAKE IT AWAY! It's not worth paying for the Internet anymore!

New Visitor
VirginiaEverett

So you're stating that WE the customer put this on our computers???? That is a serious offense to say that! I want this off of my computer immediately!

New Visitor
creedgaming

To uninstall Constant Guard Protection Suite software follow these steps:

1. Click on Start (Windows XP) or the Windows flag (Windows Vista/7) in the lower left corner of the computer screen.
  2. Click on Control Panel.
  3. Click Add or Remove Software (XP), or Programs and Features (Vista/Windows 7).
  4. In the Programs list, find the Constant Guard Protection Suite software, highlight it and click to uninstall.
  5. If you plan to re-install your Constant Guard Protection Suite, select Yes when you see the screen that says "Save secure password file?" If you don't plan to re-install your Constant Guard Protection Suite, click No.
  6. An optional Uninstall Survey will open.

Official Employee
CGPS-Support

VirginiaEverett - What does the pop-up say? Constant Guard Protection Suite doesn't use Pop-ups except if the program as been installed - by the customer - and has not been activated, OR if the program has been installed - by the customer - and there is a feature which is being "pushed," such as if Norton is not activated, there may be a prompt to activate it.

CGPS will also pop the screen if it detects a change in your DNS settings. This feature can be deactivated by clicking the Options tab of CGPS, and then just turn "off" the DNS security feature.

IF you are getting pop-ups regarding a BOT or malware threat, then you have a different issue, and BOT/Malware issues are handled through  Comcast Security Assurance;

IF you are getting anti-spyware warnings, then your issue is with the Antispyware software which installs with the Norton Xfinity toolbar.

So - again, what are the pop-ups you are referring to? If you tell us what they say, and/or when you get them, then we can probably help you get rid of them.