New Visitor
gsp296
Accepted Solution

Constant Guard Protection Suite

Has anyone had problems getting Constant Guard to initialize?  I have installed this program 3 different times and it always locks up "initializing Please wait..."

New Visitor
heidejk

Re: Constant Guard Protection Suite

Anyone out there going to answer the question? We are having the same problem! The program gets stuck on "Initializing" and nothing happens no matter how many half hours we've waited. We have also fully uninstalled and restarted and still the same thing.

This is frustrating.

Any help out there please?

Security Expert
LoPhatPhuud

There have been issues reported with some of the CGPS modules. The main protection provided by the Comcast/Norton has not been reported to have any problems.

I suggest you use Add/Remove Programs to uninstall CGPS. Reboot and check to make sure that GuardedID does not appear in Add/Remove Programs. If it does, uninstall it as well.

Then you can download and install the Comcast/Norton program from this link:

http://xfinity.comcast.net/constantguard/Products/CGPS/norton/

"Once I talked to the inmates of an insane asylum in Hartford. I have talked to idiots a thousand times, but only once to the insane..."
Mark Twain

Microsoft MVP, Consumer Security, 2005-2014
Security Expert
USAF_E-8_RET

[ Edited ]

FWIW - my suggestion would be not to install the CGSS, but rather install just the Norton Security Suite until such time as Comcast (Infinity) gets all the problems with installation and the keybord problem straightened out.

The link for just the NSS is here: http://xfinity.comcast.net/constantguard/Products/CGPS/norton/

<edit> Beat by a minute!! :smileywink: <edit>

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

New Visitor
gsp296

Thanks for your info.  I currently have Norton Security Suit and will stick with that right now.

Visitor

greetings! i installed "Constant Guard" on saturday 05-14-11, and had to un-install it today, 05-16-11 as a result of multiple conflicting issues. conflicting programs on my end are as follows,

1. firefox 4.1

2. steampowered.com platform games

3. adobe flash v10

4. microsoft sidewinder X4 keyboard firmware

5. internet explorer 9

6. and a few other ...

most importantly, constant guard is currently cpu and ram intense.  including decreasing my reboot time, and time it takes to get to my desktop. 

my specs are,

WIN7 64BIT

i-7 950 bloomfield CPU

12 gigs of kingston hyper X ram

1000 watt power supply

SLI (dual) EVGA 460 GTX graphics card

and so on...

so it's definitely not my hardware, and after i un-installed constant guard my system went back to normal state.  i do not plan to use this software even if the issues are addressed. it's too hug resource intense since it was built to run in the back ground.

cheers, and good luck!

Bronze Star Contributor
TerriB

So far I have had no problems with Constant Guard. The only thing I am having problems getting used to is that when I go to a site it has protected (bank site) it opens it in a window that is outside of my browser and that takes some getting used to.

TerriB

Visitor

I will wait until they get all of the bugs out of this program got it to install but it did absolutely nothing,it just sat there on the desktop after I opened it and froze up like the Ice Age.Had to contact Comcast to get the web site so you could do a complete uninstall,you can not completely remove it through the control panel.

Regular Contributor
is224sac

" I currently have Norton Security Suit and will stick with that right now." 

Hello, I personally swore off NIS products a while ago.  A new Computer entitled me to a 18mo subscription to NIS2010, later upgraded to NIS 2011.  That will run out in less than 30 days.  I entend to try Constant Guard.  Your 2 post indicates you tried to install Constant Guard overtop of your current NIS product.  For Norton it is always advisable to not only remove the previous product but also run the Norton Software Removal Tool(Google).  Then try to install or re-install.  Hope doing so will help.

I also install other Anti-virus, Malware, software products to run BUT NOT AT THE SAME TIME AS NORTON. 

Visitor

I have tried twice to install constant guard. Each time I get an error message "FAILED TO CREATE SECURITY CERTIFICATE". Until and unless I can get direction on how to resolve this error, constant guard will not be installed on my machine.
Security Expert
LoPhatPhuud

The Constant Guard Protection Suite is not required, You are under no obligation to install it.

My personal recommendation is to not install CGPS at this time due to problems with one of the modules. However, the Comcast/Norton Security Suite is fine and you can download just it from this link:

http://xfinity.comcast.net/constantguard/Products/CGPS/norton/

Whatever your choice, make sure you have an adequate AntiVirus/AntiMalware Program(s) installed and make sure your firewall is turned on.

"Once I talked to the inmates of an insane asylum in Hartford. I have talked to idiots a thousand times, but only once to the insane..."
Mark Twain

New Visitor
james_madison

[ Edited ]

Constant Guard is a major dismal failure.  Not only did it not remember passwords it would ask EVERY SINGLE TIME to save a login even if I've saved it 20 times before. And that was not the worst of it. Every program I used that had a text box in it including games, messengers, photoshop, 3D creation apps it would change the text to numbers. Other than that it was great at sitting there doing nothing.

Please don't respond with "you didn't install it right or try again" I design 3D worlds and build my own power house computers and servers.

Security Expert
USAF_E-8_RET

@ james_madison,

See LPP's post directly above yours.  That is the best info we can give at this time, as Comcast (Infinity)  Employees have not responded to any of the CGSS questions.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Bronze Star Contributor

LoPhatPhuud wrote:

<snip>

...The main protection provided by the Comcast/Norton has not been reported to have any problems.

Well that's not entirely true. I reported a major dilly of a problem here a while back and had a long discussion about it with USAF, in this thread: HERE
Basically, if you have a drive excluded from Norton's tight grasp and try to run a localized scan on a folder - any folder at all - it will appear to go through the process of scanning and report back that nothing wrong was found. It could be a folder filled with every virus known to man, and the report will be that all is well.

Why? Because it doesn't actually scan anything, since the drive is excluded, yet it TELLS you it has scanned, when it has not.

Bad, bad bad.

I reported that on the Norton forum too, in accordance with USAF's suggestion that I do so, but I don't know if that fell on deaf ears or what as the only one who ever replied to it was USAF, and Norton certainly hasn't done anything about it.

Sorry for being OT, but yes, the main Norton Suite *does* have at least one major humdinger of a problem. :smileywink:

Security Expert
LoPhatPhuud

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the info. I had missed that one.

It does need to be better documented. There also needs to be a way to scan files from the on demand menu even if they are excluded from scheduled scans.

Mark Twain

New Visitor

My thinking exactly!!!  If you have something that works, why change it? So far Norton hasn't let me down so until I have a reason to no longer trust them, I'll stay with Norton.

New Visitor
dcannan

WARNING WARNING WARNING - DO NOT install Constant Guard - it is nothing but problems!  It disabled two keyboards on two pc's and I was only able to recover one of them.  I lost important files not to mention countless hours of time and money to take my pc to a professional for repair.  This supposed "service" is garbage and should no longer be offered!

Visitor

Greetings! Follow-up regarding a new nuisance push notification! UGH!

I refuse to install this crapware. It is still unreliable, and incompatible with my mod gaming rig.  Does anyone know how to go about disabling and burning or destroying this annoying push notification regarding constant guard installation? I keep getting a daily doggone pop-up to install this crapware, and I cannot find the setting to do so. I do not give two rat turds off a chicken's rump roaster for this darn grease fat induced product. 

Any help from folks experiencing the same issue is greatly appreciated.  With Regards.

Security Expert
USAF_E-8_RET

@phillypa800,

Perhaps this is a similar situation (pertaining to CG instead of NSS) to what JonMcB related to in mesage #8 in this thread:

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Security-and-Anti-Virus/Bogus-Norton-Upgrade-download-message/m-p/98627...

If so, it should be treated as malware. 

Regular Visitor

Constant Guard seems to work randomly. I unstllaed and it does not consistently operate as it did when I first donwloaded it. I added several accounts and it was automatcally signing me into my accounts. The next time I open my PC and try to log in, CG does not open. I feel like it is a scam or somethng just trying to collect my passwords on all my accounts. I am trying to read more info about this.  Not sure to trust it!!

Regular Visitor

What is Guarded ID? It was on my programs list. I just uninstlaled it.

Regular Contributor
jkdood

Dec 2011

Constant Guard still very bad and if it messes you up (as it did me and my PC) it will not cleanly uninstall. Still trying to get help from Comcast after 5 hours. They need a removal tool badly. It is a joke.

For starters they should tell you to cleanly remove Norton first.  My Norton started giving me "cancel not active due to Comcast " messages recently and when I called Comcast they started by having me install Constant Guard right on top. It's been a horrible nightmare ever since and I am about ready to destory things. System restores and end tasks do not even help greatly. There's a reason McAfee and Norton have well-tooled removal tools and Comcast needs one also badly ( for Constant Guard problems.)

Regular Visitor

more CG problems..... last night tried to log into one of my accounts and got 2 message boxes opened up- one that was a CG and the other was a Microsoft, could not click OK or CANCEL on either and both boxes just kept blinking and were locked. I was unable after 3 restarts to log into my aweb account. UGHH!

Security Expert
USAF_E-8_RET

Hi jkdood,

Here's a bit of info that was supplied by another customer that was a surprise to the Experts here on the Security Forums.  It seems there is a CGPS Removal Tool, but the CGPS team is not willing to give the info out publicly, so it is up to other customers (those of us who volunteer on this board) to provide this info.  Sort of crazy isn't it? 

Before running the CGPS Removal Tool, I would suggest you remove Constant Guard, Guided ID and ID Vault from add/remove programs (Programs & Features).  Also the Comcast Toolbar if you have it installed (and then any CA Real-time protection entries if there). 

Normally the removal of CGPS will leave Norton ecurity Suite in tact.  If any problems with Norton exsist after removing all the CGPS and associated items, then I would suggest you follow the instructions here to completely remove Norton and then do a clean install of Norton.  Please note that you will need to click on the No Thanks Button for CGPS in order to see the Get It Now Button to download Norton on it's own.

Here's the scoop on the removal tool:

Please follow these instructions to UN-install Constant Guard:

1. Copy and paste the following link in your browser http://s3.cgpsdownload.com/constantguardcleaninstall.exe
2. Select Run
3. Yes if asked Do you want to allow the following program to make changes to this computer?
4. Yes to the message Constant Guard will close all browsers and remove all vestiges...Do you want to continue?
5. Restart

Please post back with results and/or addtional questions.

Security Expert
USAF_E-8_RET

jgparker40 wrote:

more CG problems..... last night tried to log into one of my accounts and got 2 message boxes opened up- one that was a CG and the other was a Microsoft, could not click OK or CANCEL on either and both boxes just kept blinking and were locked. I was unable after 3 restarts to log into my aweb account. UGHH!

To be perfectly honest with you, I think it is time to get rid of CGPS.  You can follow the driections above or if you really want to continue using CGPS, I would suggest you PM ComcastJordan or SecurityJim for assistance.

Private Messages (PM’s)

At the top of each Forum page you will see a small white envelope screenshot.108.jpg

This is the icon for Private Messages, referred to as ‘PM’s’. A Private Message is a way to communicate in private, to another User, Moderator, or Administrator out of public view in the Forums.

The white envelope turns to yellow when you receive a PM. screenshot.107.jpg

To open a PM to read it, double click on the yellow envelope. If you click on the white envelope a window will open with tabs for your Private Message Inbox, Sent Messages, Friends, Ignored Users, and Compose new Message. You can also access this area by clicking on the Username in a Thread or post. By default, Private Messages are enabled. You can disable this feature in My Settings>Preferences> Private Messenger.

Regular Contributor
jkdood

Thank you very much USAF for info and assists, and PM contact links. I am reluctant to try the Comcast CGPS support folks again, but still might, maybe by PM (calling by phone is a trial by fire usually!).

I have a bit of computer savvy and thought I was in the clear when I did a successful system restore after getting an error (probably was a ddl- missing file message) trying to uninstall CG from the control panel "uninstall a program" venue.  I was sort of overwhelmed (read "annoyed" and "distracted") by the Comcast "why did you uninstall" survey pushed on my screen and neglected to focus, and write the message down.

(The uninstall and restore "seemed" to remove CG. Certainly it was gone from the program list as were any other associated names.) I decided to try again, with Norton uninstalled first.

A new/clean(?) install of CG stopped early in the process with 2 error dialogs, one of which would ignore all OK's and cancel attempts, similar to jgparker's results.  After End Task of both processes, using End-Now, they both just popped up (virtually halting use of the PC) after 15 seconds, again and again. Comcast "support" said probably need to run CCleaner or reformat my hard drive, LOL.  They could not "reach" second level support.

I wonder how many other users "smoothly" using Norton Secuirty Suite also got a message out of the blue saying it was inactive, disabled, and cancelled... and then got into hot water with the CG follow-up?

Anyway, a lot of end tasks and playing got me to a point where I was then able to launch a successful system restore again, seemingly removing CG (but who knows for sure?)  I then used s symantec removal tool to "remove all norton s/w".  I then installed CG "norton only" from the link on this forum page (thanks guys!) and that seems OK so far. Norton is running and everything seems smooth for now.

Do I dare try anything else, rest comfortable, or engage the Comcast folks or the removal tool myself right now?

Security Expert
USAF_E-8_RET

@ jkdood,

Thanks for the feedback.  As I understand it, you now feel your system is free of CGPS and all it's attached components.  You also have Norton Security Suite installed and running. 

A couple of comments on NSS:

-  Have you run manual liveupdate until it returns "no updatres are available" (rebooting as required by Liveupdate)?

-  Are you updated to version 5.1.0.29 ( Main page> Support > About). 

If you are comfortable with what you have now, I would forget about the removal tool, definitely stay away from Comcast Support, and see how things go for a few days.  If you encounter any more problems, please feel free to come back here and ask your questions. 

Also, now that NSS is up and running, be advised that System Restore may break NSS if you use it again.  First System Restore will not work unless you disable Norton Tamper Protection (something that protects anything from changing your Norton program).  Once disabled, System Restore will run, however remember you are going back in time and NSS does not always like to have definitions that have been updated over the period of time you are going back,literally ripped out of it. A system restore may be successful, but NSS may be broke and it will have to be uninstalled, run the Norton removal Tool and a fresh install followed by manual liveupdates to get NSS back up to present time.

If you have any more questions/problems - you know where to find us.

Regular Contributor
jkdood

Thanks again USAF and "yes" to both your posed follow-ups. so doin OK on NSS.

The heads-up info on system restore impact is much appreciated.

Only one real unsettling aspect left hangin...  I assume all my NSS firewall settings and such

are probably all set back  to defaults by the Norton removal tool I ran, followed by re-install...

(Although my first Norton removal using control panel "uninstall program" asked me

if I wanted to save settings file for a later Norton product, and I said yes.)

...so memory serves me that when I tinkered with my residential wireless router many months

back to add a device, I encountered an inoperability issue that was solved by someone

(either Linksys or Norton or Microsoft) in support getting me to change an obscure Norton protection

setting to "no" or "off" and that was the trick that allowed me to enable an active wireless connection.

I just don't darn recall what or where that setting was, so if I reset or replace my wirless home net

I fear it  may bite me again. What me worry! LOL.

New Visitor

HP Pavilion Entertainment PC - Vista - 32 bit - Service Pack 2

I keep getting a message box: Protection Suite   There is a problem with accessing the list of Trusted Network Secure Financial Institutions. This is being updated for youl. Please try again in a few minutes.    

Nothing downloads; cannot open Constant Guard at all anywhere; cannot delete using Control Panel > Add/Change/Uninstall Programs. EXASPERATED!

Can anyone help??

Security Expert
USAF_E-8_RET

lynnfountain wrote:

HP Pavilion Entertainment PC - Vista - 32 bit - Service Pack 2

I keep getting a message box: Protection Suite   There is a problem with accessing the list of Trusted Network Secure Financial Institutions. This is being updated for youl. Please try again in a few minutes.    

Nothing downloads; cannot open Constant Guard at all anywhere; cannot delete using Control Panel > Add/Change/Uninstall Programs. EXASPERATED!

Can anyone help??

If you desire to remove Constant Guard and not having any luck via Control Panel, you can try this removal tool:

http://downloads.idvault.com/comcast/cleaner/constantguardcleaninstall.exe

Norton Security Suite should remain installed and in tact.

Please let us know if this helps.

New Visitor

I used your earlier suggestion of using the Revo Uninstaller Pro and IT WORKED! I am so thrilled ~ and thanks for lettinig us know it is free for the first 30 days. I've never used the forum before and didn't have much confidence that 1) I would use it correctly and, even if I did, that 2) anyone would answer. I am a convert and a FAN! Thanks so very much ~

Lynn

Regular Contributor
jkdood

we can thanks usaf, of course others, but certainly he's a gem!

Regular Contributor
songbird72

For the past two months I couldn't get my Constant Guard to load.  Got "script errors page cannot load."  I called and told them I could no longer pay my bill online and mailed a check and it took 10 days to get there.  I was disconnected from cable/internet for 3 days until it was received and posted!  Tuesday, 5/22/12, I got online at 4am.  Constant Guard was not in icon on my desktop nor in my system tray.  I went into a chat.  The support person told me to uninstall it and download a cleaner.  He sent me an email with all the links and instructions.

I ran the cleaner and it said complete.  I uninstalled it from control panel-add/remove programs.  It froze while trying to do so.  Had to do this 3 times for it to work.  I put the link for reinstalling in my internet explorer address bar.  I had followed the instructions to a "T" and rebooted.  It stalled on Initializing like you said above here.  Got error box come up stating "windows file not found."  I had to reboot computer to get rid of initializing box.  Tried 5 times and it kept happening.  Then couldn't run the cleaner it also said "file not found." 

Then, I rebooted and went to internet explorer 8 (I am on windows xp pc); which takes me to my homepage of Comcast.  I got an error page stating "cannot access webpage invalid certificate."  Now I can't even use internet explorer!  It doesn't respond anymore.  I have to use Mozilla Firefox, which doesn't work with Constant Guard anyway.  I am so angry and frustrated!  I tried calling Comcast and couldn't hear the person on the other end.  No help in chat.  I give up!

Official Employee
CGPS-Support

Songbird - I am sorry for your frustrations.

Can you boot the computer, without problem, using Firefox and then go to Add/Remove programs and see if Constant Guard is in the list - and if so - is the CG icon there?

Because -

If you can boot with Firefox - your script errors are with Internet Explorer - and you have a browser issue.

If you can boot without issue, and you check and there is no CG software installed - then you do not have an issue with Constant Guard Protection Suite.

If you see the Constant Guard Protection  Suite listed in the Programs list, with no icon - then the software has not completely installed OR you have received an update and need to restart the computer.

the "initializing box," is the splash.exe. You could see it during installation, and would continue to see it if the actual executable file for the application (.exe) cannot be found - (usually blocked by a firewall OR the system clock is so far out of synchronization that the Microsoft certificate cannot be created). If you tried repeatedly, and saw the splash screen repeatedly - we can't install on your computer. The software may be able to download TO the computer, but can't install.

If you get a "file not found" message after running the cleaner - there is no file to find. The cleaner removed it, or it was never successfully installed. There is no installed software to remove. The software may be in a file on the computer - but may not have been installed yet.

You stated that you had run the cleaner, and it had noted, "completed." If this is the case, and you go to your Add/Remove control panel and look in the programs list - and there is nothing that says CG or Constant Guard Protrection Suite - and you restarted after running the cleaner - then our software is not in your computer. If you stalled on the initialization page prior to the PIN entry, then it is unlikely the software was installed - or is installed on the computer. From these statements - I do not think you have an issue with the Constant Guard Protection Suite software. The script error and your issues with IE - point to an issue with Internet Explorer. If you can use Firefox and not IE - then you have a browser issue with IE.

Constant Guard Protection Suite IS compatible with Firefox including version 12 (current) - so if you have Firefox as your default browser, you shouldn't have an issue, unless the browser has an issue with your operating system.

Can you set another webpage as your home page without a problem, but DO have an issue with Comcast.net as the homepage? If so, there is/was an issue with certificate for the Comcast home page, and it would have been taken care of by now by Comcast. Comcast.net is my homepage and I do not have an issue with it. You can set another home page, if you wish - to test this by going to your Internet Options control panel - in the Home Page field, enter the URL of a new web page, click "Apply" at the bottom of the window.

From your description regarding the script errors on the page - you have a browser issue with IE8. You can turn the script debugging off in your internet options control panel. You can also reset your browser settings in your internet options control panel.

From your description regarding the home page - just try another home page or save www.comcast.net as the home page again in Internet Options and see if that resolves the issue.

You should very likely go to the Microsoft Updates page and accept the updates for your computer, and may see some advantage in doing some disc maintenance and some computer housecleaning. Using your system utilities - defragment your hard drive. If you are using XP, then it is possible, if not probable, that you have had that computer for some time. If you have not done any maintenance on it, the drive could be fragmented, have lots of errors, be getting full, etc, and you could just be seeing the results of a hard drive that needs some maintenance, and an older operating system.

Regular Contributor
songbird72

I wish I could reply to each paragraph like in email here but cannot.  If there is a script error with IE8, that still doesn't solve the problem with not being able to install Constant Guard Protection Suite!  I have deleted everything of CG from my computer including from program files, downloads, control panel, etc.  Microsoft didn't find any updates for my computer.  Already been there.  If I go from Firefox to websites of either Microsoft, or Comcast to download and install CG; I get error page stating I need internet explorer 5 or higher to access the page.

I quit using IE8 few months ago and been using Firefox, because IE8 kept freezing, hanging and not responding.  Even tried repairing it.  Even went back to default with it!  But, Firefox does not work with Constant Guard!  Microsoft webpages don't either.  I don't believe I have Firefox 12.  I think mine is 8 or something.  I have even called Comcast and couldn't speak to a tech for CG because I couldn't hear them.  For some reason, Comcast has their phone equipment turned down so low you cannot hear someone.

Have been in chat several times.  They send me email with links for uninstalling, cleaner, etc. but those links do not work in Firefox!  Thanks.

Regular Contributor
songbird72

Oh PS:  Yes, can boot the computer fine with Firefox.  Can boot it even if I'm on my desktop. 

Official Employee
CGPS-Support

Hi Songbird - what do you mean - by the statement you can boot the computer fine with Firefox - even if you're on your desktop. Are we talking about 2 different computers? Here's my suggestion -

1 - Go to control panel to Administrative Tools to Services and see if Constant Guard is in the list of services. If so - click on it and STOP the service;

2. click this link to remove the Constant Guard -

3. Restart your computer.

4. Go to Mozilla and take the update to the latest version of Firefox.

5. Make sure your computer is running okay after the update. If, however, you receive a message that your computer cannot run the current version of Firefox for one reason or another - perhaps memory or .net, then you have a different issue;

6. After updating .net, then try reinstalling the Constant Guard - but SAVE it to your computer instead of clicking "Run." SAVE it to your desktop, and watch for any prompts from anti-virus or firewall software to ALLOW the download.

7. Once the download is complete, click the "Setup" icon to install, and again watch for prompts from an AV or Firewall application.

8. Follow the installation instructions - you should receive a dialogue from Firefox asking to Enable the add-on for the Constant Guard.

And - see if this works. It is possible that you may not get a prompt regarding the add-on. If that is the case - after you have installed the Constant Guard - to to Firefox to Tools to Add Ons and ENABLE the Constant Guard add-on.

Then - let's see if this works.

Regular Contributor
songbird72

Well you had asked me in previous message if I could reboot my computer in Firefox!  Didn't know what you meant and I only have one computer WinXP.  No matter what browser I am in or in none at all I can reboot or restart my computer.  I am confused.  I found Constant Guard in Services and it is already stopped.  I have tried doing those links before and get "file not found" for them.  I will try again and get back to you in a few.  Am going to copy and paste your instructions in wordpad to my desktop also. 

New Visitor
VVRtkVv62

I have followed all uninstall directions from Constant Guard........  None worked........  One attempt actually caused my "Explorer" to crash.  Had to have Windows reset my entire system to restore Explorer........Another attempt locked up Norton Security suite.........Had to have Norton completely remove Norton and re-install.......The Norton guy even tried to remove the Constant Guard from my system for me.  He couldn't get it off either.

No matter how it is tried I get an "Invalid uninstall control file" message.  In the meantime, I have incessant pop-ups bouncing between a block stating constant Guard is having trouble with "trusted secure financial institutions" and an "installing Constant Guard...please wait" message blocks.

After 24+ hours of customer service contact, ~ 10 e-mail exchanges, Constant Guard Customer Service, Norton Customer Service, and Comcast Customer Service,  I have a system that doesn't function properly and Support personnel who no longer respond or offer any solutions to the issue.

My advice stay away from this product all together.  DANGEROUS!!!!!!!

Official Employee
CGPS-Support

Sorry for your issues. From the message it is unclear as to whether the software is still installed; if the original issues, such as the corrupt uninstall file are still present; or if your complaint is that your system doesn't function properly after the software has been removed.

If you are having computer/system issues and the Constant Guard Protection Suite has been removed, then you should reinstall Norton and use something like Disc First Aid to see what the issues truly are which caused the software problems.

There could be many reasons for the uninstall portion of an installer to become corrupted, and the software installation isn't one of them. If you had a crash during the installation of a fulltime web application, such as ours - which is absolutely reliant on the connection to the browser, AND your browser is corrupt - then you could see this. No web security software, which has to have a working browser to function is going to corrupt your computer. If you are still using Windows XP then your version of .net could be corrupted as well. The question becomes what corrupted the software or kept it from installing correctly.

If you are still having issues associated with the software still being present on the computer - see if the software is really present on the computer -

1. Go to Programs/Features control panel to Programs. Is Constant Guard in the list? Yes, or No?

2. Go to Administrative Tools control panel to Services. Is CGPS in the list, and if so, is it Running? Yes, or No?

3. Go to your Windows Task Manager (Ctrl Alt Delete click on Task Manager - click on Programs - is there anything there which says Constant Guard? Yes, or No?

4. In Task Manager, click on the Processes tab. Is there anything listed which says, idvault.exe? Yes, or No?

If the answer to all of these questions is "No," then the software is not on computer. Go to Internet Options to the Advance tab and click to RESET your browser. It could be possible that the core issue here is that your browser is corrupt, or is easily corrupted. If you are using XP, the last browser released for it was IE8. Make sure you are using IE8.

If there IS some piece of our software present, then:

1. Go to Administrative Tools control panel to Services, and find the CGPS service in the list. Click to STOP the service.

2. Click this link to run the Constant Guard Cleaner:

If you have already contacted support, then you should have already gone through these procedures, and hopefully, that is the case.

3. RESTART the computer.

The software should be completely gone.

In your complaint, you did not mention anything specific associated with the installation or issues surrounding the problem(s). However, from the brief pieces you do mention:

1. "trusted secure financial institutions" - The installation - or at least one of the components is being blocked from installing. The installation may take place, but the software can't launch - the user is stuck at the "initialization" splash screen, as something is blocking the launch. This is a firewall issue or for XP users, it could be a .net 3.0 issue.

2. It's possible the system clock on your computer is wrong. Our software is linked to Microsoft server time. If your computer clock, date, time zone are not correct, and the computer is not synchronized with a standard internet time source - the installation will fail.