New Visitor
JustCommenting
Accepted Solution

Constant Guard Toolbar - Where Is "Identity Safe" Widget to Edit Identity Safe?

I know this is probably a dumb question - but I have no idea how to get a widget to edit "Identity Safe" with the new Constant Guard.  I hesitate to erase the old Norton Toolbar - as I like to edit the "identity Safe" from time to time.  Is there a way to edit the new "Identity safe" with the Constant Guard toolbar?  Or, how do I access it?  Would like to erase Norton and just keep the Constant Guard toolbar, so please help!  Thanks.

Security Expert
USAF_E-8_RET

Re: Constant Guard Toolbar - Where Is "Identity Safe" Widget to Edit Identi

JustCommenting wrote:

I know this is probably a dumb question - but I have no idea how to get a widget to edit "Identity Safe" with the new Constant Guard.  I hesitate to erase the old Norton Toolbar - as I like to edit the "identity Safe" from time to time.  Is there a way to edit the new "Identity safe" with the Constant Guard toolbar?  Or, how do I access it?  Would like to erase Norton and just keep the Constant Guard toolbar, so please help!  Thanks.

Have a look @ this CGPS FAQ: http://cgps.idvault.com/support/faqs/Toolbar.aspx

From what you are saying it sounds like you really do need to keep the Norton Toolbar and forget about the CG toolbar.

But before you do anything - why not wait and let the CGPS support folks add their comments.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Official Employee
CGPS-Support

Hi there - I'm a bit confused as to the toolbar - are you referring to the xfinity toolbar - which can be enabled through the  Constant Guard Protection Suite? If so - the choice, really - is yours. As USAF pointed out - if you want to be able to control any piece of your Norton functionality, then you are probably best off using your control panel to remove the xFinity toolbar, and use the Norton toolbar. The xfinity toolbar option is auto-selected in the end-user license agreement for Constant Guard, but it is an add-on. It can be removed without hampering any other security features. I'm not sure if I answered your question, but I hope it helped.

Security Expert
USAF_E-8_RET

[ Edited ]

CGPS-Support wrote:

Hi there - I'm a bit confused as to the toolbar - are you referring to the xfinity toolbar - which can be enabled through the  Constant Guard Protection Suite? If so - the choice, really - is yours. As USAF pointed out - if you want to be able to control any piece of your Norton functionality, then you are probably best off using your control panel to remove the xFinity toolbar, and use the Norton toolbar. The xfinity toolbar option is auto-selected in the end-user license agreement for Constant Guard, but it is an add-on. It can be removed without hampering any other security features. I'm not sure if I answered your question, but I hope it helped.

Hi CGPS_Support,

Now I got a question for you. 

Do I understand you correctly?  You are saying if one installs CGPS the Xfinity Toolbar (the same old Comcast Toolbar that has not been updated for about 3 years) is auto-selected over the  Norton Toolbar? In other words the Norton Toolbar is disabled? 

Somehow that does not only sound incorrect to me, but also makes no sense whatsoever, as the NTB is far superior to the Xfinity Toolbar.  Actually I have wondered for years why the Xfinity Toolbar was still around and was surprised to see it was part of CGPS.

Comments?

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

New Visitor
JustCommenting

Thank you.  That answered my question.  I was running with both toolbars until I figured out the Identity Safe question.  But, as Xfinity warned, running both toolbars slowed down the Internet.  Was very glad to find out that I could erase the Xfinity toolbar without hampering other security features - as I really like the ability to manage/edit the Identity Safe contents from time to time (on the Norton toolbar).  Appreciate your help.

Official Employee
CGPS-Support

The choice is the customer's. As we've all seen - toolbars are flourishing. The xfinity toolbar - where Constant Guard Protection Suite is concerned, is installed via a checkbox in the EULA (End User License Agreement). The same checkbox makes Comcast.net the default home page. If the customer unchecks this box, the home page remains the same and their toolbar is unaffected. As the user pointed out, running both toolbars equates to running yet another web application, and the computer slows - depending on speed and resources - as a result.