New Visitor
Jerry01776

Constant Guard and Norton will not install

Since getting a new computer, I tried to install Constant Guard and Norton, and was told that I had to uninstall the existing Norton that came with the computer. After doing that, and trying again to install CG & N, I get a message that says "Failed to create security certificate". At that point, having no protection, I reinstalled the original Norton that I will have to pay for at some point if I can't install from Comcast, or if I continually download it because CG & N will not install.

Is the problem with the Comcast download, or a security setting on my computer that needs to be set differently. Everything had installed with no problem on the old computer.

What do I need to do to get this to install? 

Security Expert
USAF_E-8_RET

Re: Constant Guard and Norton will not install

Jerry01776 wrote:

Since getting a new computer, I tried to install Constant Guard and Norton, and was told that I had to uninstall the existing Norton that came with the computer. After doing that, and trying again to install CG & N, I get a message that says "Failed to create security certificate". At that point, having no protection, I reinstalled the original Norton that I will have to pay for at some point if I can't install from Comcast, or if I continually download it because CG & N will not install.

Is the problem with the Comcast download, or a security setting on my computer that needs to be set differently. Everything had installed with no problem on the old computer.

What do I need to do to get this to install? 

Hi Jerry01176,

Please be advised that Constant Guard Protection Suite and Norton Security Suite (NSS) are in fact two stand alone programs and cenbe installed or removed independent of each other.  That said I will try to assist you with the NSS side of things and hopefully someone from CGPS team will assist with their side.  A Comcast Employee by the user name of CGPS_Support  has ben very helpful in answering questions.  BTW the red user name indicates a Comcast employee.  The rest of us who post are Comcast customers the same as you are just volunteering to help other customers out.

We'll need to know which Norton Product you have installed on your new system and if in fact it is a trial or a full blown version.  On the main page of the Norton product, close to the bottom Left side it will say Subscription Status:  Number of Days remaining.  We need the days left number which will tell us if it is fact a trial or not.  Then click on Support and then About.  You should see a box popup showing the Product name at the top followed by a Version Number.  We also need the Product Name and the version Number.

I ask as some PC manufacturers include full subscriptions while others only supply a trial.

Once we know what you are delaing with, we can go from there.

Under normal circumstances,  in order to install Norton Security Suite (NSS) from Comcast, you must first remove any AV product you have installed (including another Norton Product), run the Norton Removal Tool and then install a fresh copy of NSS.  We'll provide the instructions once you tell us what you have installed and if it is a trial or not.

It is possible to install NSS by itself without the Constant Guard Protection Suite (CGPS) which at this point inorder to obtain protection for your PC I would recommend.

After getting you protected I am sure someone on the CGPS team will reply and assist you if you still desire to install CGPS.

We'll be looking forward to your reply.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Security Expert
USAF_E-8_RET

Re: Constant Guard and Norton will not install

Moved to it's own thread for greater visibility and this year old thread closed.