New Visitor
cschaeffer30

Constant Guard pop up

There is problem with accessing the list of trusted network secure financial institutions. This is being updated for you. Please try again.

I have tried to uninstall, but it gives an error. Invalid uninstall control file  C:\program files\constant guard\uninstall\uninstall.xml
It will not allow a reinstall either
It just keep popping.
Security Expert
LoPhatPhuud

Re: Constant Guard pop up

Sounds like an Identity Guard issue. Try this:

http://downloads.idvault.com/comcast/cleaner/constantguardcleaninstall.exe

"Once I talked to the inmates of an insane asylum in Hartford. I have talked to idiots a thousand times, but only once to the insane..."
Mark Twain

Microsoft MVP, Consumer Security, 2005-2013
New Visitor
TheDukeofErl

Thank you! This is the one thing that actually worked :smileyhappy:

New Visitor
photoman123

This worked for me too!!!  Thanks so much for posting it... now I will sleep tonight!  :smileyhappy:

New Visitor
janettalovett

How do you get it off the constant guard pop up

Official Employee
CGPS-Support

Thanks for the response, LoPhat.

The core issue associated with the Trusted Site error is that, "that" service (one of 7 which runs for Constant Guard Protection Suite) is being blocked by the computer. Many times, just turning off the CGPS service and restarting it will resolve the issue. There is no need to remove the application when there is always the chance that the customers are using the product. Your response does work - so thanks, but one thing you can always try is to go to the Administrative Tools control panel to Services, and just STOP the CGPS service, and see if the problem goes away. If it does - great - now you know the core problem. Try restarting the service and see if the problem stops. If it doesn't - great - either stop the service again and leave it until the next restart to see if the restart resolves the issue, or as you suggest in the forums - remove the application.

We have a diagnostic tool posted to our support site - here:

http://cgps.idvault.com/support/diagnostictool.html

This tool will run with, or without, the CGPS application installed. BUT, if it IS installed the tool will check each of the 7 services which comprise the CGPS service - including the setup. If any one of them is returned RED - the services or at least one of the services is being blocked by *something*. If one of those bars is red, the issue isn't with the CGPS client or service, and it's time to look at the customer's setup.

I'm not saying you're wrong - just that we do actually have many, many people who use the product without issue, and people who truly wish to use it. Just removing the application does not address that.

New Visitor
janettalovett

I'm still having the same problem and need to know what to do about this pop-up with constant guard protection suite and I don't know how to turn it off

Official Employee
CGPS-Support

Hi jantellalovett,

Without knowing what the messaging is, within the pop up window, I do not know if you are experiencing an error or warning message.  I would suggest submitting a support request ticket.  In any case, you can disable the software by accessing your computer's Control Panel.  In order to disable the CGPS software application, access your computer's Control Panel, select Administrative Tool then select Services.  Right-click on CGPS Service then select Stop.  You will need to restart your computer for the changes to take effect. 

New Visitor
billking1

Constant guard keeps popping up

Security Expert
USAF_E-8_RET

janettalovett wrote:

How do you get it off the constant guard pop up

Hi janetalovett,

Are you talking about the popup you get when you try to download Norton Seucirty Suite?

No Thanks.PNG

After you click on the NOo Thaks it will reveal the Get it Now Button which will start the download and install.

Get it now.PNG

If this is not what you are talking about, please lead us to the area it is displayed in.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Official Employee
CGPS-Support

Hi billking1,

In order to assist you we will need additional information with regards to the CGPS pop up message.  What is the exact message in the CGPS pop up window?  When does the pop up message occur?

New Visitor
oprphng

I've been getting the same pop up message that others have been getting. The pop up appears on every internet window I open and is very annoying.  It is highlighted in red saying "CONSTANT GUARD ALERT - BOT DETECTED" I've called support in the past and they were not helpful. 

Official Employee
CGPS-Support

Hi oprphng,

I can only assist you with issues related to the CGPS software application and the issue you have described is not associated with the CGPS security suite.  You will need to contact Constant Guard Support in order to assist you.  Below, is a link to thier support page.

http://xfinity.comcast.net/constantguard/Support/?cid=NET_33_605

New Visitor
6969twb

get rued of it