New Visitor
LarryStroup

Constant Guard will not add sites

When I sign into a site to which Constant Guard does not have a link, although Constant Guard should ask if I want to add it, it does not.  My "ignored sites" widow is blank.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled Constant Gaurd to try to get it to act like a new install, but it did not help.  On my other machines it works fine and my regular sites all add in as it is supposed to work.  can anyone tell me how to get Constant guard to add sites on this machine?

Security Expert
USAF_E-8_RET

Re: Constant Guard will not add sites

LarryStroup wrote:

When I sign into a site to which Constant Guard does not have a link, although Constant Guard should ask if I want to add it, it does not.  My "ignored sites" widow is blank.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled Constant Gaurd to try to get it to act like a new install, but it did not help.  On my other machines it works fine and my regular sites all add in as it is supposed to work.  can anyone tell me how to get Constant guard to add sites on this machine?

Hi LarryStroup,

I'm sorry I do not have an answer for you, but I am sure when CGPS_Support sees this they will ask for addtional information to include the Operating System, browser of choice and perhaps the URL of the site that you are having difficulty with.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

New Visitor
LarryStroup
Official Employee
CGPS-Support

Hi LarryStroup,

If the websites in question are getting added to one of your computers but not the other then the issue has something to do with the computer in question.  First, let start off by making sure you have a clean installation.  When uninstalling the software you will want to run the Cleaner so the previous installation does not corrupt the new installation.  After uninstalling/reinstalling, if you are still experiencing issues adding Other Accounts to the CGPS software application.  Then, it may have something to do with your computer's default web browser or or software communicating with your default web browser.  If that is the case, try adding the website with a different web browser.

Please follow these instructions to UN-install Constant Guard:

Copy and paste the following link in your Internet Explorer browser – http://downloads.idvault.com/comcast/cleaner/constantguardcleaninstall.exe

1. Select “Run” when prompted.
  2. The tool will ask for permission to close all browsers. If prompted, select “Yes.”
  3. The cleaner will note “Completed” when it has.
  4. Restart your computer. It is the Restart which actually completes the software removal

Then follow these instructions to re-install Constant Guard:     1. Go to www.comcast.net/security     2. Select Get It Now and then Install Now     3. Select Download Now     4. Select Save and then Run     5. Select Yes when asked if you want to allow this program to make changes to your computer     6. Select Agree, then Install     7. Create your master PIN and re-enter     8. Select and add the accounts you want protected by Constant Guard     9. Restart computer to complete installation

Contributor
MauiRon

I too have this issue with Constant Guard not willing to log some sites.  They are usually sites that when you go to a URL, then have a login link that the program doesn't work.  Could be because it's a 64-bit system and Norton has a bug.  Norton should have a way to manually create a login.  Typical Norton situation.

Security Expert
USAF_E-8_RET

MauiRon wrote:

I too have this issue with Constant Guard not willing to log some sites.  They are usually sites that when you go to a URL, then have a login link that the program doesn't work.  Could be because it's a 64-bit system and Norton has a bug.  Norton should have a way to manually create a login.  Typical Norton situation.

Hi MauiRon,

Norton and Constant Guard Protection Suite are two separate programs - which program are you using?  Oh and as far as I know, I have not seen any problems between 64 bit systems and Norton.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Official Employee
CGPS-Support

hi MauiRon,

If you are having a problem with adding the website to the CGPS software application please submit a support request ticket so a CGPS support technician and investigate the issue.  In the support request ticket you will want to include the website's sign on url address, the web browser and version you are using to create the account and your CGPS software version.  Your CGPS software version can be verified by accessing the CGPS Dashboard, clicking on the "blue question mark" then select About.

You can create a support request ticket by accessing the CGPS Dashboard, clicking on the "blue question mark" then select Report a website log in issue.

New Visitor
djones3861

Constant guard will not allow me to add sites to my list.  Only if I want to add a financial site will it comply.  I want to ad sites like ebay, paypal, amazon, but when I ask to add site all I get is an about blank screen.  

Official Employee
CGPS-Support

Hi djones3861 - it's likely that the plug-on or add-on for your browser isn't enabled. For financial sites, Constant Guard Protection Suite (CGPS) uses its own secure browser (Secure View).However, for non-financial sites, such as those you list, the software depends on a link to your default browser to work, and if that link isn't present, then you will not be prompted, nor will you be able to open previous stored, non-financial sites from teh CGPS accounts list.

If you are using Internet Explorer, open a new browser session, click on the tools icon, click on "Manage Add Ons," and see if the add on for Comcast Constant Guard Protection Suite is present AND is enabled. If it is not enabled, click to enable it, and then close all of your browser windows. After doing this, open the CGPS software, and click to add a non-financial account. Click on ebay, or Amazon - as they are already in the easy-add list, and you should now be able to add those accounts.

If you are using Chrome or Firefox browsers, you need to do the same thing in the respective Plug In or Extensions area.

IF you check these, and your plug ins/add ons are present and enabled, then something has broken or corrupted the link. This is also called a BHO or "browser helper object." If that is the case, then just remove and reinstall the CGPS software. When you remove the software you will be prompted to SAVE your stored accounts. Do so. If you are going to remove and reinstall, you should also create a backup of your accounts. To do this, go to the Options tab from the main page of CGPS, and click to Backup. After creating a backup, go to our Programs/Features control panel, remove the CGPS software, SAVE the secure password file, and restart. Then reinstall the software from www.comcast.net/security.

New Visitor
GregGyro42

Dear Sirs;

I am not the only one experiencing this problem (Constant Guard Not Adding New sites after I log in To  Them). As such, You, Constant Guard, need to address this issue.  Additionally,How come I can't add the account manually from the Constant Guard GUI?

Sincerely;

Gregory M. Girard

G.M.GirardPainting@Gmail.com

Recognized Contributor

GregGyro: youre gonna get a boat load of spam since crawlers are going to get your email since you posted it.  I think we arent allowed to post them anyway.  Id remove it but thats certainly your decision.

Official Employee
CGPS-Support

Hello GregGyro42,

Constant Guard Protection Suite (CGPS) will not prompt to add a site IF the browser helper object for the computer browser is not enabled. The first thing to do is to check your default browser and make sure the plug in, extension, or add on for Constant Guard Protection Suite, for the default browser is enabled. Go to your browser tools men, and for Internet Explorer, check the Mange Add Ons. For Firefox, click the Add Ons and then Extensions. For Chrome, check the Extensions. For all three, the Constant Guard Protection Suite Add on or extension needs to be present AND enabled.