New Visitor
rakonkol

Constant Guard won't uninstall

Popup blocks computer screen.  Popup says "Protection Suite - There is a problem with accesing the list of Trusted Network Secure Financial Institutions.  This is being updated for you.  Please try again in a few minutes."  When I try to uninstall Constant Guard, I receive the following message:  "Invalid uninstall file:\Program Files\Constant Guard Protection Suite\uninstall\uninstall.xml".   I can't remove the popup and I can't remove the Constant Guard program.

Contributor

Re: Constant Guard won't uninstall

I have the same exact issue.

Contributor

Re: Constant Guard won't uninstall--Try the advice in the link below

Visitor
rkonkol

Thanks for the advice, but I didn't get a chance to try the download.  The ConstantGuard popups rendered my laptop unusable, so I traded it in for a new Windows 8 laptop.  After seeing all the problems in the Forum associated with ConstantGuard, I'm reluctant to download ConstantGuard on to my new laptop.  I'm thinking I'll just use the Norton antivirus download.  Is anyone happy with ConstantGuard?

Official Employee
CGPS-Support

Hi rkonkol,

If you are unable to uninstall the CGPS software application we recommend you run the Cleaner Tool in order to remove the old software installation.

Please follow these instructions to UN-install Constant Guard:

Copy and paste the following link in your Internet Explorer browser – http://downloads.idvault.com/comcast/cleaner/constantguardcleaninstall.exe

1. Select “Run” when prompted.
  2. The tool will ask for permission to close all browsers. If prompted, select “Yes.”
  3. The cleaner will note “Completed” when it has.
  4. Restart your computer. It is the Restart which actually completes the software removal

Then follow these instructions to re-install Constant Guard:    

1. Go to www.comcast.net/security    

2. Select Get It Now and then Install Now    

3. Select Download Now    

4. Select Save and then Run    

5. Select Yes when asked if you want to allow this program to make changes to your computer    

6. Select Agree, then Install    

7. Create your master PIN and re-enter    

8. Select and add the accounts you want protected by Constant Guard    

9. Restart computer to complete installation

New Visitor
martychus

Thank you for your post, CGPS employee!   I had the same problem, and this solution worked!  

New Visitor
Barbnbri

I have tried everything and it still is there! This has been going on for several days and I'm not sure what else to do. I'm even considering "restoring in back to facatory setting"

HELP!

Networking Expert
kevj

[ Edited ]

Barbnbri:

You tried this??
http://downloads.idvault.com/comcast/cleaner/constantguardcleaninstall.exe

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I don't work for Comcast...

Help us to help you!!
- respond to requests for info
- post back if your issue is resolved
- mark appropriate posts as solutions

Send feedback to Comcast using the 'feedback' link on this page:
http://www.comcast.com/Corporate/Customers/CustomerGuarantee.html?SCRedirect=true

Contributor

Re: Constant Guard won't uninstall

Download "IOBIT UNINSTALLER", keep this on your computer always. Try the advance uninstall and if that doesn't work use the force uninstall, IOBIT will get rid of it!

Contributor

You're kidding right? Constant Guiard is a useless utility that you don't need if running Norton 360. 8 years with my laptop and never an issue plus i do all my own repairs. Stay away from CG

Networking Expert
kevj

[ Edited ]

albertapril wrote:

You're kidding right?

Who is your comment directed to?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I don't work for Comcast...

Help us to help you!!
- respond to requests for info
- post back if your issue is resolved
- mark appropriate posts as solutions

Send feedback to Comcast using the 'feedback' link on this page:
http://www.comcast.com/Corporate/Customers/CustomerGuarantee.html?SCRedirect=true

New Visitor
Barbnbri

Thanks- that FINALLY worked! Now I have another error code that I can't get rid of!

"Unknown error occurred while loading browser extension"

I am so not computer/techie smart- any advice?

Thanks so much! 

Official Employee
CGPS-Support

Hi Barbnbri - if you have removed CGPS, then the browser helper object went with it - if you are getting a warning regarding an "extension," rather than an add-on, it sounds like it is coming from Chrome. If you have Chrome set as your default browser, you'll need to go to Settings, and check the extensions which you have enabled, and then disable them one-byone OR you may just have a Chrome issue, and may need to reload your browser. Start with disabling the extensions, though.

New Visitor
Barbnbri

CGPS-Support wrote:

Hi Barbnbri - if you have removed CGPS, then the browser helper object went with it - if you are getting a warning regarding an "extension," rather than an add-on, it sounds like it is coming from Chrome. If you have Chrome set as your default browser, you'll need to go to Settings, and check the extensions which you have enabled, and then disable them one-byone OR you may just have a Chrome issue, and may need to reload your browser. Start with disabling the extensions, though.

Thank you SO much!!! That worked