New Visitor
Plz-Help

Constant Guard

I have recently installed Constant Guard on my desktop. Every other day I am getting this message: "Xfinity Constant Guard Protection Suite Add-on has crashed. What does this mean and how to resolve it. Thanks. 

Official Employee
CGPS-Support

Re: Constant Guard

What browser are you using as the default browser? We do see crashing with Chrome. Chrome does not handle the browser helper object - which is the connection between the browser and the software the same way that Firefox and IE do, and Chrome seems to be more subject to crashing the more tabs/windows are open. The April release of CGPS includes a new "handler" which should resolve much of the issues with the Chrome extension. Until then, my only suggestion would be to limit the amount of browser windows you have open at any given time.

IF your issue is with a browser other than Chrome, my suggestion would be to close the CGPS application, reset the browser settings, and then restart the CGPS. After that, go to the Manage Add Ons section for your browser to ensure that the add on for Constant Guard Protection Suite is enabled.

New Visitor
Plz-Help

Re: Constant Guard

Thanks for response. Yes I am using chrome and I will do what was suggested. Thanks again.