New Visitor
nanny3410
Accepted Solution

Device error when running Norton Tune-Up Diagnostic

When I run Norton Tune-Up Diagnostic report I get 1 error. Device Type: AntiLog32

What the heck is it and how do I fix it?

Thanks

New Visitor
hart209

Re: Device error when running Norton Tune-Up Diagnostic

I have the same error!  No answer yet!

Bronze Problem Solver
Paraniod

If you run Constant Guard, I'm just guessing but it could be a conflict with that. As it does include an anti key logger.... If so maybe the  could shed more light on it.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/forum/ie9-windows_7/antilog32/1feec9fe-ab92-4d3a-9225-98a65687...

New Visitor
hart209

Thanks for info.  Constant Guard was the issue with the anti logger error.

Official Employee
CGPS-Support

My apologies for the delay in this response. The most common issue we see with the anti-logging application of the Constant Guard protection services is with driver conflicts - most frequently with competing anti-key-logging applications. In this case, it appears that another anti-logging application was in place, and that may have been causing the conflict. Please be aware that the Aniti-logging is *part* of the Constant Guard Protection Services. You can disable or remove it completely without removing the other features of CGPS. AFter installing the CGPS, you can go to the Programs/Features menu and can click on the "Antilogging SDK" application and then click to remove it. AFter restarting, the anti-logging application is gone.

Bronze Problem Solver
Paraniod

Thanks for the response.
New Visitor
rpwrobel

During a recent update from Constant Guard my windows 7 laptop started having to do repairs. According to what I am reading on this site, I am not the only one. The problem I am having is my computer crashed before I was able to figure this out. Can you assit me with how to correct this problem through DOS so I do not have to reformat my computer? Or do I have to at this point reformat? Can you assit me, please?

Official Employee
CGPS-Support

Hi rpwrobel,

What actions have you taken, so far, in order to resolve the issue?  Have you tried booting your computer system in Safe-Mode?  Or, have you tried booting your system with disk tools?

New Visitor
rpwrobel

"I am having the same issue.   I tried booting into safe mode and safe mode with networking but I still receive the BSOD with a stop 0x0000003D keycrypt64.sys.  I booted into the recovery console and do not have a restore point dating back far enough to when the problem occurred.  Lastly I booted into the command prompt and searched c:\windows\system32\drivers for keycrypt64.sys to see if I could rename it, but the file was not found.  I also tried attrib -s -h -r keycrypt64.sys in the drivers folder in case it was hidden but the file was not found.  Do you have any other suggestions how to repair this short of a format/reinstall?  Thanks in advance."
New Visitor
Temaya12

interesting to stumble across this thread as I have been struggling with the same issues for days. My laptop kept giving me the nasty blue screen at startup and would loop through restores. Finally was able to start up in safe mode. Then after hours of googling different error messages and trial and error, I narrowed it down to Constant Guard. After I uninstalled CG and then Norton, ran CCcleaner and Malwarebytes (both free), then reinstalled JUST Norton w/out CC, it seems to have fixed the issue. Constant Guard is evil. I have had nothing but issues with my laptop from the day I installed it. anyway, after reinstalling Norton, I ran the diagnostics and it came back with the following under 'Inoperable HW devices: "Device Type: AntiLog32, Device Status: Device is not present, not working properly,..., Plug and Play ID: ROOT\LEGACY_ANTILOG32\000. Then found it listed under 'Non-Plug and Play Drivers' in Device Manager with a yellow exclamation attached, right-clicked and selected 'Uninstall', rebooted, and so far so good.

New Visitor
hart209

I had reinstalled CG  only to have the problem return.  I did go to device manager and found non plug and play driver with the exclamation point there.  I uninstalled the device and the problem is no longer present.  Thanks!

New Visitor

When you get to Device Manager, Select View, Show Hidden so that you can slide down to it. Note: Yellow Triangle is very, very small. Install. Reboot as soon as you can

New Visitor
forum_mail

[ Edited ]

Ultimately, I was forced to remove Norton Security Suite along with Constant Guard using Windows 7 for the conflict issues a few days ago and installed AVG however, I am still getting the same response message and find NO listing in my programs to remove this anti-logging program AVG is finding with same message below.  I am unable to go further with this using Windows and it continues to be a hang.

My pc continued to stall after complete removal using windows/control panel/removal uninstall programs and features so I researched and found your comcast anti-spy program running in active programs  using control alt delete. Right clicking from there to me to source for removal but this remains an issue.

Any ideas how to be free from this issue as I have been dealing with compatitbility issues since I installed it and really don't feel I should have to pay anyone to come out for software conflicts etc.

thanks.

Windows reports that the "AntiLog32" device is not working properly.

Recommended solution to the problem

Use Windows Update to check whether new device drivers are available. Proceed as follows: 
  1. Open Device Manager
  2. Search in the device manager for the device whose driver you would like to update and double-click on the device name. You may first have to enable the "Show hidden devices" entry in the "View" menu.
  3. Switch to the Driver tab, click Update driver and follow the instructions
What are the effects of this problem?
This can have the following consequences: 
  1. The device may be unusable
  2. The computer may crash often
  3. The computer may go a long time without responding
  4. Computer performance may be very poor

Security Expert
USAF_E-8_RET

Hi forujm_mail,

Please have a look at the folowing post and see if it works to remove the comcast anti-spy program.

Also if you are using AVG, have you comepletely removed NSS via Control Panal and then running the Norton Removal Tool?

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'