New Visitor
Ed724

Downloading Norton Only

I got a new computer and wanted to download Norton from Comcast on it without Constant Guard, which really slowed down my computer. I had Norton without CG on my old computer and every link I see for downloading Norton only just takes me to the CG page. 

Bronze Problem Solver
Paraniod

Re: Downloading Norton Only

New Visitor
Deanna21921

I am having the same issue. The link is broken or the page is missing but no one seems to understand that. I've tried to access the download page from two different computers at home, my phone using 3G service as I thought initially it was a problem with my account maybe, and then again here at work with no success. I am able to access the Norton download page for Mac but every link for Norton Security Suite PC download redirects to http://constantguard.comcast.net. I spent several hours last night talking to TWO representatives both of whom to which I had to explain that Norton Security Suite is a separate download than Constant Guard and that even when you download Constant Guard (which I also did) you have to click "Install" for Norton Security Suite inside the Constant Guard program (which also redirects to http://constantguard.comcast.net), that it doesn't automatically install it when you download Constant Guard. It seems to me that they don't have knowledge of their own products and the procedures associated with them, nor do they comprehend that this is a COMCAST WEBSITE issue. Get it together Comcast!

New Visitor
Deanna21921

[ Edited ]

PS I suggest you click on the link for Comcast.com Feedback at the bottom of the webpage and fill out a comment card reporting the issue as I have because Tech Support obviously does not maintain the website and this is a definite website issue.

Bronze Problem Solver
Paraniod

[ Edited ]

The link from USAF's post which I linked to above, does work, if not signed in it will redirect to a sign page:

http://constantguard.comcast.net/norton-security-suite

You may see a pop up asking if you want to install Constant Guard, just click NO THANKS! Then GET IT NOW..

Security Expert
USAF_E-8_RET

[ Edited ]

Just to add to Paraniod's post...it appears that Comcast has changed the link once again that I used for a direct download in the FAQ's for NSS and included the stupid need to not only click on No thanks - but also hide the bottun (making you need to scrool down to see it) in hope that folks do not see it and download CGPS. 

Paraniod is correct - you need to select No Thanks once again or just click the "X" to close the  box in order to get ONLY Norton.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Official Employee
CGPS-Support

FYI - there were some link changes made, yesterday, and you should find that the normal links are working again - you may want to clear any cached browsing history, close and reopen your browser first.

Security Expert
USAF_E-8_RET

CGPS-Support wrote:

FYI - there were some link changes made, yesterday, and you should find that the normal links are working again - you may want to clear any cached browsing history, close and reopen your browser first.

Back in December I changed all the Norton FAQ's to reflect the direct download for NSS - the one without the CGPS offering popping up over top of it, so now you have to close it in order to get just NSS download again. 

Clearing the cache etc does not permit one to get around the stupid popup!  Thanks Comcast marketing!

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'