New Visitor

Error code in Norton

I appreciate Comcast providing security software as part of
your package, however; I DOWNLOADED THE Norton Security Suite and have had
repeated problems every since.  I kept getting error code 3052,2 which
prevented me from getting on the internet.  I am paying for Xfinity
support for several months; they worked on my computer many times. 
Finally this week, the service person said since this error is in Norton
software, I suggest you not reload it.  I just spent $80.00 to buy an
alternate virus prevention soft ware.  If Comcast is going to use Norton
as your security software, you should be able to correct this error code.

I spend over $250.00 per month with Comcast for TV, internet
and phone, I get really upset when I see these deals you offer for the same service
at $100.00 or so.  If any other internet service ever comes to this area; you
guys are history.

Security Expert
USAF_E-8_RET

Re: Error code in Norton

Sorry to hear of your situation - it's a shame whoever helped you @ Comcast could not provide the following information:

https://www-secure.symantec.com/norton-support/1.6/jsp/help-solutions.jsp?lg=english&ct=united+state...

This forum is supported mainly by Comcst customers who volunteer their time to assist other customers.  We know Comcast Tech Support is lacking at certain times and that's why we are here. 

It sounds like your install of Norton was corrupted, either by a corrupt download or an incomplete removal of a former AV program - which corputed the install The norma corrective action is the above link which basically removes the corrupt install attempt and installs a fresh download.

If you have any more problems, I urge you to come to the Comcast Forums for guidance.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

New Visitor

Thank you for you time in the Air force and your response.  I was also in USAF but only 4 years, however; those years changed my life.  My son is currently a Captain in the Air force. 

Security Expert
USAF_E-8_RET

RichardJeannot wrote:

Thank you for you time in the Air force and your response.  I was also in USAF but only 4 years, however; those years changed my life.  My son is currently a Captain in the Air force. 

Thank you for your service and also thank your son from me.  BTW, I have an ex-son-in-law (prior enlisted) who is currently finishing off 20 + years as a Major and a C-5 aircraft commander. 

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'