New Visitor
EaglesBC

Error message - HELP!!

Once I installed Constant Guard and Norton from the Comcast site I keep getting a message when I shut down my computer:

Access violation at address 00423B70 in module "ComcastAntiSpy.exe". Write of address 0000000D.

Does anyone know what this means or how I get rid of it?

Thanks for the help.

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

Re: Error message - HELP!!

[ Edited ]

Is the Comcast Xfinity toolbar also installed on your computer?

Access violation at address 00423B70 in module "ComcastAntiSpy.exe". Write of address 0000000D is associated with the antispyware portion of the Xfintiy toolbar.

Run, don't walk, to Add Remove programs. Uninstall the toolbar.

Comcast AntiSpy is a separate component and will need to be uninstalled. It is listed as CA Pest Patrol Real Time Protection.

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

New Visitor
EaglesBC

I went into Add/Remove but couldn't find the xfinity tool bar listed.  Any ideas what it might be listed as?

Thanks so much for your help.

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

[ Edited ]

When installing Norton there is an option to also install the toolbar. Did you choose to install from Norton or from the separate link for the the toolbar only?

The toolbar only is listed as XFINITY Toolbar. I don't know if it's listed by itself when installing with Norton.

I'll poke around and see what I can find out. Maybe someone else will see this thread and will be able to tell you more.

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

Security Expert
LoPhatPhuud

The toolbar may show as CA Pest Patrol

"Once I talked to the inmates of an insane asylum in Hartford. I have talked to idiots a thousand times, but only once to the insane..."
Mark Twain

Microsoft MVP, Consumer Security, 2005-2013