Bronze Star Contributor
angeldeb82

I can't upgrade to Comcast Norton Security Suite v. 5.2

[ Edited ]

No matter how many times I tried running LiveUpdate on Comcast Norton Security Suite, I can't update it to Version 5.2!  I've tried that 10 times, but still no update!  I followed the link here, but no success in running LiveUpdate!  Can someone tell me what's wrong with Comcast Norton Security Suite?!  I have Version 5.1.  :womansad:

http://community.norton.com/t5/Norton-360/Product-Update-5-2-0-13-for-Norton-360-version-5-January-3...

Contributor
maggiew3187

Re: I can't upgrade to Comcast Norton Security Suite v. 5.2

[ Edited ]

I seem to be having the same problem as you, no matter how many time i run live upade my version does not change. I have version 5.1.0.29

Bronze Star Contributor
npersn31

angeldeb82 wrote:

No matter how many times I tried running LiveUpdate on Comcast Norton Security Suite, I can't update it to Version 5.2!  I've tried that 10 times, but still no update!  I followed the link here, but no success in running LiveUpdate!  Can someone tell me what's wrong with Comcast Norton Security Suite?!  I have Version 5.1.  :womansad:

http://community.norton.com/t5/Norton-360/Product-Update-5-2-0-13-for-Norton-360-version-5-January-3...

angeldeb82, do you have version 5.1.0.29? That is the current version of Comcast Norton, I believe.

I will have an expert look at this thread and reply. The version I mentioned is the one I have. Comcast Norton usually trails Norton in updates.

Security Expert
USAF_E-8_RET

Hi everyone,

Latest word I have received from Norton employees is that the 5.2 update for Norton Security Suite is not released yet, but they will let me know (so I can pass the word on here) as soon as it is posted for download.

There was no reason given, but I do know that the commercial customers, always get the updates and the upgrades ahead of Comcast Norton Security Suite.

FWIW, I am in the same boat as everyone else in regards to not receiving 5.2 yet.

Please be advised that we have found with all the FF updates recently the Norton Toolbar updates and functions better if you update Norton (in this case to 5.2) prior to upgrading FF.  Those who can;t wait to update FF to 10 may experience some problems by updating it first - but let us know and we'll get you fixed up once the dust clears.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Bronze Star Contributor
npersn31

maggiew3187 wrote:

I seem to be having the same problem as you, no matter how many time i run live upade my version does not change. I have version 5.1.0.29

maggiew3187, I am no expert but I do use Comcast Norton. The version you have is the one I have. Comcast Norton is usually a little behind Norton in the updates. I will have an expert reply.

Npersn31

New Visitor

I can't upgrade to comcast Norton Security Suite either.  How do I contact comcast support?

I keep going in circles trying all the help lines.

New Visitor

I keep getting the message that I only have 511 of memory and I need 512 to install. I've tried deleting

everything I can think of but still no change.

Security Expert
USAF_E-8_RET

roses4u wrote:

I can't upgrade to comcast Norton Security Suite either.  How do I contact comcast support?

I keep going in circles trying all the help lines.

Go here and lcick on Chat

http://us.norton.com/support/comcast.jsp?pvid=nsce_1&entsrc=Comcast

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Security Expert
LoPhatPhuud

roses4u wrote:

I keep getting the message that I only have 511 of memory and I need 512 to install. I've tried deleting

everything I can think of but still no change.

You will need to install more ram. There is nothing you can remove that will increase it.

"Once I talked to the inmates of an insane asylum in Hartford. I have talked to idiots a thousand times, but only once to the insane..."
Mark Twain

Microsoft MVP, Consumer Security, 2005-2014
Contributor
maggiew3187

I really mostly just want mine to update so that i can get my Norton toolbar back because this says

http://community.norton.com/t5/Norton-360/Firefox-10-Support-for-Norton-Toolbar/td-p/648245

That you need version version 5.2

Security Expert
USAF_E-8_RET

maggiew3187 wrote:

I really mostly just want mine to update so that i can get my Norton toolbar back because this says

http://community.norton.com/t5/Norton-360/Firefox-10-Support-for-Norton-Toolbar/td-p/648245

That you need version version 5.2

I am having no problems what-so-ever running FF9.01 or IE9 with the current version of NSS.  I know it goes against some peoples grain, but if you wait until NSS is updated to 5.2 and then update FF to 10, you'll  have the Norton Toolbar the entire time.

Contributor
maggiew3187

Yeah but i already updated to firefox 10 and My norton is still not updating to 5.2 so i still can't get my toolbar back yet.

Security Expert
USAF_E-8_RET

[ Edited ]

maggiew3187 wrote:

Yeah but i already updated to firefox 10 and My norton is still not updating to 5.2 so i still can't get my toolbar back yet.

Here is a download for FF 9.0.1 - you should be able to uininstall FF 10, and install 9.0.1 and get the NTB back.

http://www.top10download.com/firefox-9-0

Contributor
maggiew3187

Where is the download, i don't see it posted?

Security Expert
USAF_E-8_RET

[ Edited ]

maggiew3187 wrote:

Where is the download, i don't see it posted?

Sorry, I forgot the link.  I posted it in my post above to keep it all together.

Bronze Star Contributor
angeldeb82

So far, I'm holding back on the upgrade to Firefox 10.  Any news on when NSS will arrive?  :smileyconfused:

Security Expert
USAF_E-8_RET

angeldeb82 wrote:

So far, I'm holding back on the upgrade to Firefox 10.  Any news on when NSS will arrive?  :smileyconfused:

I'm holding back also on the system I am running NSS on.

The update hs not been released yet. You can verify this by running a Manual LiveUpdate until it says a Product Update has been insatlled and a reboot is required.

Bronze Star Contributor
angeldeb82

Well, It's been about a week, and still no update from Comcast on NSS v. 5.2.  But I'm still waiting for the update and STILL using Firefox 9.0.1.  I'm longing for good news.

Contributor
armsofmadness

The NORTON update to 5.2 is NOW AVAILABLE.

Please run live update and you will get the update.  You have to restart twice; or at least that was my case!!!

Bronze Star Contributor
angeldeb82

So I was able to run LiveUpdate twice.  After each restart, it only took a few minutes for the Norton icon to appear with a green check mark, because the startup was a bit slower than usual, but overall, it was worth it to upgrade Firefox to Version 10 again.  :womanhappy: