Contributor
k3164

IE9 32 bit versus 64 bit question

I have been running IE9 32 bit for a long time. Today I tried the 64 bit and now have a question. On the 64 bit, I do not have access to the Norton toolbar which means that I don't have access to all my passwords from the Norton vault. How do I get this installed for use on the 64 bit version of IE?

Security Expert
USAF_E-8_RET

Re: IE9 32 bit versus 64 bit question

k3164 wrote:

I have been running IE9 32 bit for a long time. Today I tried the 64 bit and now have a question. On the 64 bit, I do not have access to the Norton toolbar which means that I don't have access to all my passwords from the Norton vault. How do I get this installed for use on the 64 bit version of IE?

Simple answer is you don't!

Norton Toolbar is not compatable with the 64 bit version of Internet Explorer. The 64 bit version of iE leaves quite a bit to be desired as far as how well it plays with other programs as well as with Norton.  The recommended version and also the default version of IE for Windows 7 is the 32 bit version.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'