New Visitor
MollyLou

INSTALL NORTON W/O CONSTANT GUARD

Constant Guard was making us miserable.  Found out from Norton/Comcast tech how to install Norton alone.  Go to www.xfinty.com/norton a Constant Guard pop-up will appear choose "no thanks" as the option.  Download instructions for Norton will appear.  After Norton finishes action restart computer.  Norton has been uninstalled to reinstall go back to www.xfinity.com/norton and click on "no thanks" again.  Norton will download (again) and install itself.  Redundant, I know.  Restart computer again.  Norton is installed. It will activate on "live update". 

note:  Norton toolbar not working w/ Firefox 6 they are working on a patch which will be in "live update" soon (they hope"

There is another post in the forum on how to Uninstall Constant Guard by someone else FYI

Security Expert
USAF_E-8_RET

Re: INSTALL NORTON W/O CONSTANT GUARD

MollyLou - do you have a question  or just making a statement?

FWIW, Norton Security Suite from Comcast (xfinity) has been updated to run with FF6

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

New Visitor
felidaefan

THANK YOU, MollyLou!!!!!!!  My computer became so jacked up as a result of installing Constant Guard that I had to reboot it and start over again.  It is a good program, in theory.  However, it caused IE to constantly crash and it slowed everything else down to an absolute crawl.  I will try this to just have Norton.

New Visitor
camerinamendez

MollyLou wrote:

Constant Guard was making us miserable.  Found out from Norton/Comcast tech how to install Norton alone.  Go to www.xfinty.com/norton a Constant Guard pop-up will appear choose "no thanks" as the option.  Download instructions for Norton will appear.  After Norton finishes action restart computer.  Norton has been uninstalled to reinstall go back to www.xfinity.com/norton and click on "no thanks" again.  Norton will download (again) and install itself.  Redundant, I know.  Restart computer again.  Norton is installed. It will activate on "live update". 

note:  Norton toolbar not working w/ Firefox 6 they are working on a patch which will be in "live update" soon (they hope"

There is another post in the forum on how to Uninstall Constant Guard by someone else FYI

Security Expert
USAF_E-8_RET

The instructions to initially install Norton Security Suite, are located in the following link:

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Security-and-Anti-Virus/How-to-Initially-Install-Norton-Security-Suite/...

It only needs to be installed once, and LiveUpdate needs to be run (rebooting when when requested) until LIveUpdate responds "no updates found".

The Norton Toolbar will not function on Firefox 6, any version older than version 15 is not supported.  You must go into Firefox and update it in order to get the Norton Toolbar after all the LiveUpdates are received, Up top Firefox 18.0.1 will be supported.

Let us know if you have any questolns.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'