New Visitor
jcarter05

Idvault.exe

How do I rid of a idvault.exeI am unable to download Adobe Flash Player without closing idvault and I cannot find it anywhere on my systemI understand that it can be a virus. Appreciate any assistance.

Jim C

Security Expert
USAF_E-8_RET

Re: Idvault.exe

IDVault I (and others) suspect is a component of the Constant Guard Protection Suite and I would guess canbe removed by removing CGPS.

That said, please await a response from LoPhatPhuud (the others I am referring to) prior to removal of the CGPS.  He is doing some research and you may be helpful to our cause. 

I have notified LPP of this post! 

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Security Expert
LoPhatPhuud

I know of no separate uninstaller for IDvault. You can check Add/Remove Programs.

In any event, uninstalling Constant Guard Protection Suite will remove IDVault and GuardedID (you don't want this program). Note that Norton will not be removed.

You might want to send Feedback to Comcast about your experience and  the fact that the installation of GuardedID and IDVault was not mentioned. See the feedback link at the bottom of the page.

"Once I talked to the inmates of an insane asylum in Hartford. I have talked to idiots a thousand times, but only once to the insane..."
Mark Twain

Microsoft MVP, Consumer Security, 2005-2014
Regular Contributor

I got a new pc in may of this year. I went to microsoft anwsers for help with  id vault.exe application error the exception unknown software exception (oxco6do67e) occurred in the application at llocation ox757c6727. The guy who wrote me back said to do a few things.

Check what error logs you find on event viewer: Open Event Viewer http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Open-Event-Viewer

Method1:

Boot the computer in safe mode and see if the problem reoccurs. Follow the steps from the link to boot in safe mode:http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Start-your-computer-in-safe-mode

Method2:

Boot the computer in clean boot and check if the issue persists: How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista or in Windows 7http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note: After you have finished troubleshooting, follow step 7 to boot the computer in normal startup.

I took the pc back and got a new one. I get daily pop ups telling me i have high cpu useage? I thought this

Constant guard was there to help not make problems!!!

Security Expert
USAF_E-8_RET

If you search this board for Constant Guard problems you will see that most folks who have problems with Constnt Guard Protective Suite/ID Vault opt to remove it and leave just the Norton Seucrity Suite on their systems.

Thanks for the info though - it may help others!

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Contributor
JudyAB

I have one more question, somewhat along these lines.  I plan to get rid of the Constant Guard due to these problems, but leave the Norton Security Suite one.  Would you recommend getting a Malware program as well?  Or is that redundant with the Norton Security Suite that Comcast/Infinitiy has?      

Security Expert
USAF_E-8_RET

JudyAB wrote:

I have one more question, somewhat along these lines.  I plan to get rid of the Constant Guard due to these problems, but leave the Norton Security Suite one.  Would you recommend getting a Malware program as well?  Or is that redundant with the Norton Security Suite that Comcast/Infinitiy has?      

Uninstalling CG should leave Norton untouched and in full operation.  Malwarebytes Anti- Malware and SuperAntiSpyware (both free versions) seem to be the addittional progams of choice to run as on-demand scanners in addtion to the Norton.

http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free

http://www.superantispyware.com/

Be sure to get the FREE editions.

Contributor
JudyAB

Thank you!  You have been very helpful! 

New Visitor
Linda-Jean2012

IN REGARDS TO THIS MESSAGE:

Service Expert
USAF_E-8_RET

IDVault I (and others) suspect is a component of the Constant Guard Protection Suite and I would guess canbe removed by removing CGPS.

That said, please await a response from LoPhatPhuud (the others I am referring to) prior to removal of the CGPS.  He is doing some research and you may be helpful to our cause.

I have notified LPP of this post!

I HAVE DONE THIS, I DELETE/UNSTALLED CGPS AND REBOOTED, INSTALLED ADOBE FLASHER PLAYER, VERSION 11.1,, AND REBOOTED, STILL EITHER WAY WITH OR WITH OUT CGPS, THERE IS AN ISSUE WITH THE SOFTWARE,, I HAD ADOBE FLASHER PLAYER INSTALLED BEFORE THE PROBLEM OCCURRED TODAY (1-21-2012-4:15 pm) 
IT'S INTERFERRING FACEBOOK GAMES , VIDEOS,,  ,,GETT

Security Expert
LoPhatPhuud

Try this remover and post back:

http://downloads.idvault.com/comcast/cleaner/constantguardcleaninstall.exe

"Once I talked to the inmates of an insane asylum in Hartford. I have talked to idiots a thousand times, but only once to the insane..."
Mark Twain

Microsoft MVP, Consumer Security, 2005-2014
New Visitor
msgcook

LPP you, sir, are a genius!!  

I too was having problems with IDVault-it was cycling on and off every second and using what little memory my old computer had.  This all started after I had to uninstall the Norton and reinstall which was the first time I had seen Constant Guard. Ran the cleaner and all is well.  THANK YOU!

New Visitor
jnaastad

Just want to thank you all for the detailed explanation ....  I did the right thing and uninstalled Idvault as I too was experiencing extreme drag on my performance.

New Visitor
truVet

Bluah!!  Sorry I had to throw up...

Security Expert
USAF_E-8_RET

truVet wrote:

Bluah!!  Sorry I had to throw up...

Hope you are feeling better now! :smileywink:

New Visitor
perrygary

This utility is taking up over 60mb on start up.  It tends to slow everything down.  Is there a fix?

Official Employee
CGPS-Support

Hello perrygary - it isn't a "utility" per se - it is a fulltime web application. If you don't have enough memory to support the application in RAM, then it will use virtual memory. If you are running multiple fulltime web apps, AND you are short on memory and/or have a slower computer, or if your drive is getting full - you are going to take a performance hit. This is even more pronounced if you are on an older computer, using XP, and are short on physical RAM, and are using a full time security application such as Norton in conjunction with the fulltime account security of Constant Guard Protection Suite (which has the idvault.exe). If this is the case, disable the CGPS and see if it resolves the issue. You can do this by going to your Administrative Tools control panel to Services - find the Constant Guard Protection Suite service and click to STOP the service - see if your performance issues are resolved.

Something else which can cause performance hits with CGPS is your browser, since CGPS is a fulltime web app, and uses a BHO (browser helper object) to connect via your browser. If the BHO isn't enabled, you can see a slow down as well. If you are using IE, open a browser window, go to the Tools menu to Manage Add Ons, and ensure that the Constant Guard Protection Suite BHO is enabled. For Firefox, this is in Add Ons, and for Chrome, it's an extension.

New Visitor
jc_pc

I was having this same problem when attempting to download flash player via internet explorer, the only thing I had to do to be able to download it was to do it through google chrome!

New Visitor

I can't download the up-dated version of Flash Player. It seems IDVault.exc is open. How do I resolve the issue

Official Employee
CGPS-Support

You can disable it by going to the Administrative Tools control panel to Services, and find the CGPS service in the list. Click to highlight it and click to STOP the service. This will turn off the CGPS service, including the idvault.exe.

Visitor

Re: Defaulted

Thank you 

Comcast Constant Guard has caused numerous problems for me, and I'm glad this most recent one has been resolved!

Link to Answers.Microsoft.com