New Visitor

Is there a fix for this error message?

Is there a fix for this error message that shows on shutdown?

Access violation at address 00423b70 in module' comcastAntiSpy.exe 'write of address 0000000d

Email Expert

Re: Is there a fix for this error message?

Uninstall the Comcast Toolbar, perhaps?
New Visitor
36killer

I am having that same problem. There is nothing to uninstall from comcast. I am trying to contact comcast but can't seem to find the link anywhere either. Any update on this problem?

Security Expert
USAF_E-8_RET

Comcast antispyware is a part of the Comcast toolbar. If you installed the toolbar, antispyware automatically got installed.

You can uninstall the antispyware portion. In add remove programs, look for CA Pest Patrol Real Time Protection to get rid of it.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

New Visitor
36killer

I've search for each word indepently in the uninstall but its coming up with nothing. The exact error message is:

Access violation at address 00423B70 in module 'ComcastAntiSpy.exe'. Write of address 0000000D

I've tried to search for all that was said above, and comcast, and anti, and antispy, even spy. Nothing came up.

Security Expert
USAF_E-8_RET

@36killer,

If you go to Control Panel>add/remove programs (Programs & Features) > and look for CA Pest Patrol Real Time Protection and uninstall, it should correct your error.

If that don't work, go to Google and enter "Access violation at address 00423B70 in module 'ComcastAntiSpy.exe'. Write of address 0000000D" into the search for - it'll give you plenty of options.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

New Visitor
thegolfer35

chavezemail wrote:

Is there a fix for this error message that shows on shutdown?

Access violation at address 00423b70 in module' comcastAntiSpy.exe 'write of address 0000000d