New Visitor
carolmattos

NORTON discontinued by Comcast?

Hello everyone,

Lately all of my computers that have Norton provided by comcast have been giving me error messages saying that Norton is not active because this service has been discontinued by Comcast.
Not sure what is going on, I don't see any announcements or anything similar about it on the website.
Does anyone know what is going on? All computers now show this and my Norton is no longer active.

Thanks!

Security Expert
USAF_E-8_RET

Re: NORTON discontinued by Comcast?

carolmattos wrote:

Hello everyone,

Lately all of my computers that have Norton provided by comcast have been giving me error messages saying that Norton is not active because this service has been discontinued by Comcast.
Not sure what is going on, I don't see any announcements or anything similar about it on the website.
Does anyone know what is going on? All computers now show this and my Norton is no longer active.

Thanks!

If you can get to the Main page of NSS, clickopn Support and the About and tell us the vesion number.  Themost recent is 5.2.0.13.

You are not on a MAC - correct?

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

New Visitor
carolmattos

No, it is a PC. Version is 5.1.0.29, but I cannot find a place to update. Will I have to uninstall and reinstall?

Thanks

Security Expert
USAF_E-8_RET

carolmattos wrote:

No, it is a PC. Version is 5.1.0.29, but I cannot find a place to update. Will I have to uninstall and reinstall?

Thanks

Open NSS and manually Run LiveUpdate (located on drop-down under PC Security on left side of main page of NSS) as many times as necessary for it to respond "no more updates available". If a reboot is requested, reboot and then continue to Run LiveUpdate until it responds "no more updates available" and then reboot one last time. 

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

New Visitor
carolmattos

I've tried several times, but still doesn't work. It asked me to reboot, I did it. I click on live update and after a few seconds it shows "service expired" message and it doesn't update. What to do next?

Security Expert
USAF_E-8_RET

carolmattos wrote:

I've tried several times, but still doesn't work. It asked me to reboot, I did it. I click on live update and after a few seconds it shows "service expired" message and it doesn't update. What to do next?

Sorry to her no joy with the LiveUpdates, please check that your system time and date are accurate.

Security Expert
USAF_E-8_RET

Please see this post:

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Security-and-Anti-Virus/Info-for-customers-receiving-cautions-that-Nort...

New Visitor

I have contacted Comcast on this and they say to contact Norton on 877-272-7149.

Norton said that Microsoft released a patch against a virus that has cause Norton to disconnect.  Norton said they can fix the problem by modifying their files to reinstate the service.  It took them about 5 minutes after taking control of my machine and now Norton Security Service is now working again.

Security Expert
USAF_E-8_RET

Thanks for the info wpiper.

This old thread is now closed to replies.