Regular Contributor
JWDOG

Norton 2013

Has anyone heard how long it might be before Comcast has the option for customers to updgrage to Norton 2013.  I must say I was very skeptical of using Norton through Comcast, but have been impressed with the version of Norton uses for Comcast. 

Thanks.

Regular Contributor
JWDOG

Re: Norton 2013

I forgot to include in my post that I am continuing to read about some minor bugs and other issues in the new Norton 2013 which is why Comcast may be waiting. 

Security Expert
USAF_E-8_RET

On a normal cycle, the commercial English versions are updated first and after that all the other languages for commercial users.  Since NSS is a clone with different licensing etc, it usually lags the commercial version by 3 to 4 months.

I really do not mind that, as some of the "bugs" (lack of a better term) that are discovered with new upgrades are worked out prior to us receiving it through Comcast.  Comcast is bnot waiting for the bugs to be worked out - it's just the way the normal cycle works.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Regular Contributor
JWDOG

I don't mind waiting for the delay for Norton through Comcast either USAF_E-8_RET.  It usually takes 3-6 months for a new operating system, anti-virus platform to have all the glitches and other issues worked out after it has had real time experience. I was reading recently that their are some issues with the new versioin updating on some computers - has to do with a clock issue.  I do appreciate having Norton through Comcast when I feel that I would be wasting money buying a commercial version when Comcast offer's Norton free.  I have used a couple of free anti-virus programs in the past and got infected to the point the virus shut down the free security program.  I installed the Norton version from Comcast - virus did not shut down Comcast's version of Norton, found the virus and deleted it in less than 5 min.  The Norton Safe Minder that comes with it also is great as well for parental control.

So I guess my point is that if anyone is skeptical about using Norton through Comcast, utilize it and save yourself the extra $50.00 to $90.00 per year on a commercial paid suite.