Contributor

Norton Activation

Why does Norton keep requiring me to "activate" it?  Am I unprotected while it is not "Activated"?

Security Expert
USAF_E-8_RET

Re: Norton Activation

Hi poker608,

Please provide more info:

Have you ever had Norton working, or have you just downloaded and attempted to install it for the first time?

Do you (or have you had) anothe Anti-virus/security programs ni satlled before installing Norton?  Have you had a trial of Norton installed prior to install Norton from Comcst?

Knowing  your operating system and the browser you use may be of assistance in us providing help to you. 

What happens when you do attempt ot activate it?  Does it only ask for activation when you first boot your system, or at other times. 

Does it show a Red Warning X that you are unprotected/not safe?

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Contributor

Hi E8,

I have 3 computers on Comcast Norton. The Windows 7, IE 9 is the only one with this problem. This problem just started when I upgraded to the "Constant Guard".  It generally does it when I select Norton to do a manual scan but also the Icon on the lower right corner will loose its green check.  When I click on that Icon it says Norton is Acdtivating and I am now protected and the green check comes back.  I ran the Norton removal tool before I first downloaded the Comcast Norton.

I guess I could try downloading the Comcast Security again.  Thanks for your help.  I am a retired Navy Submariner E7/LT.

Security Expert
USAF_E-8_RET

I would suggest the following:

Uninstall Constant Guard (and I persoanlly would not reinstall it)

Then follow the instuctions here:

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Security-and-Anti-Virus/How-To-Uninstall-Reinstall-Norton-Security-Suit...

Those instructions include the link for the download of just Norton (without CGPS).  Besure to run the Norton Removal Tool - it will clean up any fargments of what a pepars to be a corrput download/install of your current Norton program.

Thank you for your service!

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Contributor

Hi E8,

Thanks for your input.  I will use your suggestion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

E7/LT Retired