Bronze Star Contributor

Norton-Can't FIX

So I haven't turned on my Laptop for about 5 days and when I did I had to "FIX" a few definitions on the Norton Suite. So when I clicked on Fix my computer would just "Freeze" so I tried to Uninstall Norton and it still locked up so then I tried start from scratch and just Download again and Activate and I'm still having problems installing "Live Updates" Very frustrating!

Security Expert
USAF_E-8_RET

Re: Norton-Can't FIX

@ timstack,

There has been problems with Norton's LiveUpdate servers over the past few days or so.  They are working on it, but most folks who have reported problems on the Norton Forums are saying that if you continue to try to download the liveupdates manually, eventually they will download.

FWIW, all three of my systems have updated successfully this AM.

Please let us know if this continues longer than a few more days.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Bronze Star Contributor

Just a follow up. I Un Installed Norton and finally re installed it. Seems to be working. I don't believe I have the latest version which I believe is 29 - I'm using 25 I'm afraid to run Live Update. Also when I click on the Norton desktop Icon I still get "Wait - Still Activating"

Security Expert
USAF_E-8_RET

It sounds like something got corrupted in the install/activation process.

I suggest you follow the instructions in this link:

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Security-and-Anti-Virus/How-To-Uninstall-Reinstall-Norton-Security-Suit...

When you click the link to download a fresh copy of Norton Security Suite, please click on the No Thanks Button on the Constant Guard Protective Suite popup.  By doing so, you wilol be able to see the Get It Now Button so you can download NSS.

Also be sure to run liveupdate as instructed.  I have seen it take up to 6 reboots to say "no more updates avail". 

Version 5.1.0.29 is in fact the latest version (obtained by running all those live updates).

Please post back if you have questions, concerns or problems.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'