Recognized Contributor
ngs4509

Norton - Can't Run Full System Scan

Is anyone else having a problem running a full system scan? I can do everything else but it "refuses" to do a full scan. I'm hoping this is one of those "try later and it works" things. (like live update sometimes)

Norton Expert
NortonSupport

Re: Norton - Can't Run Full System Scan

[ Edited ]

Hello ,

Sorry! Which version of Norton & Operating System do you use? Are you getting any error messages? Are you able to run a Quick Scan?

In meantime, please try to run a scan with Norton Power Eraser:

http://www.norton.com/npe

Let me know how it goes.

Thanks!

Harry

Norton Support

Recognized Contributor
ngs4509

NortonSupport wrote:

Hello ,

Sorry! Which version of Norton & Operating System do you use? Are you getting any error messages? Are you able to run a Quick Scan?

In meantime, please try to run a scan with Norton Power Eraser:

http://www.norton.com/npe

Let me know how it goes.

Thanks!

Harry

Norton Support

Thanks for the reply. I gave it some time and kept trying. It eventually worked. Now for some reason I can't get a critical update to work this morning, but as is usually the case it probably will if I keep trying that too! Thanks again.

Security Expert
USAF_E-8_RET

Hi ngs4509,

There has been reports for the past week of updates failing and you are correct in that it usually straightens itself out on it's own.  I have seen it numerous times in the past, but it has really been noticeable this past week or so. 

This update situation should not have anything to do with the Full System Scan.  Answers to Harry's questions may be useful in finding the cause in the future if it occurs again - to you or someone else.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Recognized Contributor
ngs4509

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the reply. It's funny, that Full System Scan eventually worked after a few tries..and that's always been the case when that happens, I just go back occasionally and try again. But just now, AGAIN, I get an Error 8920,233 that won't allow me to download Security Updates. I hope they're aware of this and are working on it. I don't like to do anything online unless I'm as current as possible "security-wise". (I realize those are two different things, but they seem to be happening a lot lately) Anyway, thanks again.

Security Expert
USAF_E-8_RET

Please see my reply here:  http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Security-and-Anti-Virus/Error-8920-233-Can-t-Load-Security-Updates-AGAI...  in regards to Error 8920,233!

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'