New Visitor
PeaceLoveFaith0

Norton Download from comcast?

I've been trying to download Norton Viris from my comcast account, and Content Advisor keeps stoping it from downloading?  What should I do?

Am I protected with Constant Guard?

Security Expert
USAF_E-8_RET

Re: Norton Download from comcast?

Hi PeaceLoveFaith0,

First of all here is some info explaining what Content Advisor is and how it is set up.  It appears someone has turned it on ad you need a passwod to do anything more with it.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Using-Content-Advisor-to-help-block-inappropriate-web-co...

Constant Guard does not provide any anti-virus/malware protection - so I would advise installing Norton also.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

New Visitor
rajendra62

help me out to download norton security

Security Expert
USAF_E-8_RET

Here's some info for a start - if you have any more questions, let us know specifics:

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Security-and-Anti-Virus/How-to-Initially-Install-Norton-Security-Suite/...

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Visitor
voe00

[ Edited ]

Bought new computer. Had Norton for 60 days , said I need to reinstall Norton on my computer.had NORTON THROUGH CABLE COMPANY.  What can I do?

Thank You,

voe00

Security Expert
USAF_E-8_RET

voe00 wrote:

Bought new computer. Had Norton for 60 days , said I need to reinstall Norton on my computer.

Please see this post:

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Security-and-Anti-Virus/How-To-Uninstall-Reinstall-Norton-Security-Suit...

As you can ses from the lead in -  Please note:  These instructions should also be followed if changing from one Norton product to another. ie a paid/trial subscription from Norton to the Comcast version, or a version upgrade of NSS. 

Visitor
kaitah7280

I canot dawnload norton ANTI-vIRUS FROM COMCAST

Security Expert
USAF_E-8_RET

kaitah7280 wrote:

I canot dawnload norton ANTI-vIRUS FROM COMCAST

Here's some info for a start - if you have any more questions, let us know specifics:

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Security-and-Anti-Virus/How-to-Initially-Install-Norton-Security-Suite....

New Visitor
majorjefferson

hello i need help downloading norton sec

Security Expert
CajunTek

majorjefferson wrote:

hello i need help downloading norton sec

Please see the post directly above yours and the link (in blue) within that post. It will give you complete instructions.

TANSTAAFL!!

New Visitor
thumpngood

THERE IS NO FIX

Bottom line, link to download redirects to login page (despite I'm already logged in) then successful login redirects to URL that is busted then to the Xfinity portal home page.

Forget everything you read here, it's worthless.  I've seen it all.

I wil paypal $20 to anyone who can show a post here that solves the problem.

D

Security Expert
USAF_E-8_RET

thumpngood wrote:

THERE IS NO FIX

Bottom line, link to download redirects to login page (despite I'm already logged in) then successful login redirects to URL that is busted then to the Xfinity portal home page.

Forget everything you read here, it's worthless.  I've seen it all.

I wil paypal $20 to anyone who can show a post here that solves the problem.

D

See my response to your other post:

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Security-and-Anti-Virus/Can-t-download-Norton/m-p/1464143/highlight/tru...

Visitor
voe00

My product key :J4M72H9RRCX82YTG33VH79QV6

c:\users\virginia\documents\symantec\norton internet

security_key.txt

New Visitor
eieenwilliams

I have looked through here and cannot find an answer. The Constant Guard says it doesn't support Windows 8.  I need to make this work.  Need some help. Thanks on advance.

Security Expert
LoPhatPhuud

[ Edited ]

At this time, only the Norton Security Suite provided with your Comcast account is compatible with WIndows 8.

To download just Norton Security Suite...

Follow the link below:

http://xfinity.comcast.net/constantguard/Products/CGPS/norton/

Once it opens click the No Thanks on th CGPS popup and it will reveal the Get It Now button whioch will download and start the insrall of Norton Seucirty Suite.

"Once I talked to the inmates of an insane asylum in Hartford. I have talked to idiots a thousand times, but only once to the insane..."
Mark Twain

Microsoft MVP, Consumer Security, 2005-2014