New Visitor
RitagE

Norton Firewall

I installed a Norton product, it says Norton firewall when it comes up, which is totally obnoxious. It pops up warnings and interrupts what I am doing when on certain apps, one message after another. I have tried to uninstall it, but cannot find it on my hard drive. It seems to have hidden itself somewhere. I recently got a new computer and it seems to have gotten transferred to that computer as well. I've went to the Norton site and tried to find directions for getting rid of it, but they say to locate it on my computer and I can't. I have an older iMac with out the pentium and a new one running lion. Please help me to get this monster off my computers. Thanks.
Bronze Problem Solver
UHFhd

Re: Norton Firewall

[ Edited ]
New Visitor
RitagE

HUFhd, Thanks so much for the link. I've got both of my computers exorcised of this beast with no problems. Now if I can just get Comcast to stop sending me those bot messages. At least I know now to ignore them.
Bronze Problem Solver
UHFhd

I would still check into why your getting those Bot messages from Comcast . I run Net Monitor Side Kick lets me see All incomming and outgoing activity from my Network . Check with one of the security experts here just in case .                                       

Glad i could help :smileyhappy:

Security Expert
LoPhatPhuud

The bot net messages are valid. The data stream from your modem is triggering the detects.  To obtain more information about the detects go here: https://amibotted.comcast.net/

I would also suggest going here: http://dns-ok.us/ 

Post back with information about the detects.

"Once I talked to the inmates of an insane asylum in Hartford. I have talked to idiots a thousand times, but only once to the insane..."
Mark Twain

Microsoft MVP, Consumer Security, 2005-2014