Regular Contributor
mrobles38

Norton Insite Bad Files

When my laptop does a security scan, the Norton Insite Application Rating says that I have 141,784,553 bad files.  How do I get ride of them?  The information provided said the files would be marked with a "Red X", they are not. 

I would appreciate any help,

Manuel

Bronze Star Contributor
npersn31

Re: Norton Insite Bad Files

[ Edited ]

mrobles38 wrote:

When my laptop does a security scan, the Norton Insite Application Rating says that I have 141,784,553 bad files.  How do I get ride of them?  The information provided said the files would be marked with a "Red X", they are not. 

I would appreciate any help,

Manuel

I am no expert but I use Comcast Norton. I have Norton Reputation Scan "open" and it said under "Norton Network" the following: Known Good Files 221,860,701, Building Reputation (no figure given), Known Bad Files 141,916,235". I believe they are stating that Norton knows about 221,860,701 good files at the time I ran Norton Reputation scan. It also knows information about 141,916,235 bad files which it has stored in its data base. I don't think you have that many bad files on your computer! Further down the window. The words "Reputation Scan: Full Scan Results" appears. Below that the headings "File Name", a check mark in place of "Trust Level", icon representing "Community usage, a gauge in place of "Resource Usage"and a flag in place of "Stability". If you click on a heading arrows appear out to the side of it. If you haven't clicked on the checkmark representing trust level, you don't see the bad files with an "x" beside them. I suggest you do so. Npersn31