Visitor
Accepted Solution

Norton Security email said I'm expired

Recently i just switched to Norton when Comcast said they're giving it to their subscribers free.  Why would I be informed it's expired?  Is there a scam going on?
Security Expert
USAF_E-8_RET

Re: Norton Security email said I'm expired

treezz wrote:
Recently i just switched to Norton when Comcast said they're giving it to their subscribers free.  Why would I be informed it's expired?  Is there a scam going on?

How were you informed it was expired?  Via email?  Within the Security Suite. Some other way? 

We really need more precise info to help you out.

That said, just a couple of stabs in the dark, are you positive it is activated and try to run liveupdate until it says you have no more updates available.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Visitor

I received notice from Norton in email. As far as I can tell Norton security is still active, checking sites, running scans.
Security Expert
USAF_E-8_RET

treezz wrote:
I received notice from Norton in email. As far as I can tell Norton security is still active, checking sites, running scans.

Sounds like everything is OK - feel free to post back if you have anymore problems.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

New Visitor

I also received an email today from Norton saying my subscription had expired.  I upgraded from Mcafee about 2 weeks ago.  Norton seems to be working fine but I'd like to know why I received the email before I upgrade my other two computers.
Visitor

I have contacted Norton Security and they say that the emails for renewal can be ignored because they are targeted for those who had previous accounts with Norton. (I had Norton acct in past.)  They do not affect the security that Comcast offers for free.  Hope this helps.

Security Expert
USAF_E-8_RET

treezz wrote:

I have contacted Norton Security and they say that the emails for renewal can be ignored because they are targeted for those who had previous accounts with Norton. (I had Norton acct in past.)  They do not affect the security that Comcast offers for free.  Hope this helps.

Thank you very much for your reply.  I am sure it will help others as well.  Actually I was suprised when I purchased my NIS 2010 back in December and clicked on "My Account" and saw Norton showed my past subscriptions back to Norton System Works 2002!