New Visitor
ddinocola

Norton and Firefox update

I usuall use Modzilla Forefox on my Mac instead of Safari. I just updated the latest version of Firefox and everytime I open it I get a message saying that Norton Confidential will not protect this version of Firefox. It says it will only protect Firefox 1.5 or later, but I have the latest version. How do I resolve this so Norton protects my computer with the most recent Firefox update????

Security Expert
USAF_E-8_RET

Re: Norton and Firefox update

ddinocola wrote:

I usuall use Modzilla Forefox on my Mac instead of Safari. I just updated the latest version of Firefox and everytime I open it I get a message saying that Norton Confidential will not protect this version of Firefox. It says it will only protect Firefox 1.5 or later, but I have the latest version. How do I resolve this so Norton protects my computer with the most recent Firefox update????

ddinocola wrote:

Hi ddinocola,

I am not a MAC user, but you will need to provide more information in order for someone to answer your question for you.  For example what is your operating system, and the latest version of FF is 15.0 - is the 1.5 a typo or are you reading some older reference.

In order to get the best answer,I wold suggest you post on the Norton MAC Forum Board : 

http://community.norton.com/t5/Norton-for-Mac/bd-p/norton_mac

Sorry I could not be more help.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

New Visitor
macuser2

I also usually use Mozilla Firefox on my Mac, and recently have been getting the same error message.

I am using Mac OS X Verrion 10.6.8, and the Firefox version 15.0.1

Error Message "Norton Confidential will only protect Firefox 1.5 or later..." and something about not being protected from phishing. (sorry, I cannot remember exactly)  And no, the 1.5 is not a typo, it really is in the error message.

How to resolve?

Thanks

Kelly

New Visitor
macuser2

[ Edited ]

Apparently, norton confidential will not be working with any version greater than firefox 14...

You can download Firefox 14 for Mac by clicking this link for anyone who would like to downgrade until they find a new Phishing protection software... Or until Norton comes to their senses and decides to add support

http://www.redmondpie.com/firefox-14-released-for-windows-mac-linux-download-now/

New Visitor
B42mar0

This is really absurd... I too, keep receiving the dialog box about Norton when my Firefox is 15.0.1, the most current version. This is quite frustrating. What alternative, current antivirus software exists for a very zippy and loaded Mac Pro? Does anybody know?