Contributor
FedUpX10

Norton cancelled without any notice

My Norton antivirus just said that Comcast just cancelled my antivirus protection. No warning at all. What are we suppose to do? When I signed up for Cable, Internet and Phone I was told that Norton antivirus would be provided at no charge so why did you cancel it? This is not right. I want my Norton antivirus back. I hope you take care of this ASAP.

Contributor
FedUpX10

Re: Norton won't install!!!

Same thing just happened to me. I got a message saying Comcast cancelled Norton. No warning at all. This is awful.

Security Expert
USAF_E-8_RET

Re: Norton cancelled without any notice

Sorry but the first question has to be:

Is your Comcast account current and paid up to date?  Norton is only free with a paid subscription to Comcast.

There have been glitches in the data base in the past where a current and paid up Comcast user has had their service erroneously listed as terminated.

Please post back with additional information as to the status of your account and the exact wording or a screenshot of the cancellation notice.

We need this info to continue looking into your situation.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Security Expert
LoPhatPhuud

If you posted in this thread and your post is missing, I moved it to it's own thread.

It gets too confusing when there is more than one OP in the same thread. Please, always start your own thread.

"Once I talked to the inmates of an insane asylum in Hartford. I have talked to idiots a thousand times, but only once to the insane..."
Mark Twain

Microsoft MVP, Consumer Security, 2005-2014
New Visitor
rogerhartwell

Same here..........

Account has never been late. Just got a POP-UP saying Norton was cancelled by Comcast and offered to "sell" me service.

Contributor
FedUpX10

Thats exactly what happened to me. They wanted to sell me Norton. My account was always paid on time and I was told I would receive Norton free when I signed up.

New Visitor
phill252

Same thing here in 34974 Fl. online 10 pm Sunday night get prompt from Norton my service canceled by comcast  my bill is paid and it still says on web site Norton incuded ? Not happy here we all want ansewrs fast! Sat tv and DSL looking better every day since rates just went up again , .

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

Please read this post by USAF

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Security-and-Anti-Virus/Norton-canceled-without-notice/m-p/1222007/high...

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

New Visitor
DontpissoffKal

Be careful everyone, they tell you to install Constant Guard and that will mess up your computers, Comcast will have a Liability case on their hand soon unless it's not of tehir doing.

You can still install Norton's for free from Xfinity, just un install the old one and reinstall the Norton's suite.